there are certain people getting tea bagged by him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Under Des... we have the best press conferences in the history of press conferences lol.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some gold here people. I really don't understand those people who are happy with just making semis or grand finals. We used to be better than that in the 80s and 90s. We're just making up the numbers these days. How many losing grand finals have you ever watched in replay and celebrated? Not the best entertainment / memories is it ?
Apples and oranges there, the cap was introduced in 1990 and the landscape was way different.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under des, Oxford dictionary: a person or thing that is mysterious or difficult to understand. Synonyms: enigma, puzzle, riddle, problem

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Under Des we have had 1 minor premiership, 2 grand final appearances, 4 finals appearances in a row, 1 dally M player of the year, 5 dally m positional players of the year, 1 dally m coach of the year, 1 top try scorer of the year and a win percentage of over 62%.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Under Des we've never missed the finals, while making the grand final 50% of the time. As opposed to having missed the finals and making it into zero grand finals in the 8 years prior to his arrival.
And we lost 100% of those GF's :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Under Des we have had 1 minor premiership, 2 grand final appearances, 4 finals appearances in a row, 1 dally M player of the year, 5 dally m positional players of the year, 1 dally m coach of the year, 1 top try scorer of the year and a win percentage of over 62%.
And that got us where?

Grand Final "appearance" is a PC way of saying Grand Final LOSS.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have only played consistently well for one season

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
And that got us where?

Grand Final "appearance" is a PC way of saying Grand Final LOSS.
If every team that didn't win the grand final sacked their coach there would be 15 coaches a year without a job.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If every team that didn't win the grand final sacked their coach there would be 15 coaches a year without a job.
I'm not calling for Des to be sacked.

I just said appearance = loss

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

other teams also didnt pay their coaches 1 million a season and had a premiership winning roster for last 4 season.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
other teams also didnt pay their coaches 1 million a season and had a premiership winning roster for last 4 season.
Premiership winning roster? We haven't had a fullback for 3 years. People want to have it both ways, they want to call the players rubbish but want to say they are good enough to win the comp. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the team is faultless or that Des is perfect, I get just as frustrated as anyone when they lose or individual players serve up rubbish games, I just think people make out our situation is much worse than it is. There are things I want changed, signing a proper fullback and dropping t-rex are top of the list, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water, every second thread on this site is about players people want to recruit or retain, without a big name coach we wouldn't get any of them.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And no grandfinal wins .................great record!!!!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Premiership winning roster? We haven't had a fullback for 3 years. People want to have it both ways, they want to call the players rubbish but want to say they are good enough to win the comp. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the team is faultless or that Des is perfect, I get just as frustrated as anyone when they lose or individual players serve up rubbish games, I just think people make out our situation is much worse than it is. There are things I want changed, signing a proper fullback and dropping t-rex are top of the list, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water, every second thread on this site is about players people want to recruit or retain, without a big name coach we wouldn't get any of them.
it was never the fullback who let us down cos perret did a pretty good job at the back barring last year when we did have a quality fullback. I never ever rubbished any player in the team except for trex and rightly so.

Whenever i have criticized other players i have always pointed that it is a direct result of how they are coached.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
So who's fault is it that we haven't had a fb for 3 years? Who's fault is it that our one time junior ranks that flourished with potential stars, are one of the worst in all 15 other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.