Tyrone Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously this kids need a chance at first grade again either winger or fullback he can really kill it ! He played really well against raiders don't know how Corey Thompson kept getting over him when he played good against the raiders and was better then him in nsw cup

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i agree rather than buy hoppa I would rather give this kid a go and persist with him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
His defence was hit and miss in NSW Cup, that's why.

But I agree, we do not need Hoppa, and I honestly think all the news about him coming is nothing more than bored journo playing fantasy football during the off season.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like des would prefer safe reliable wingers rather then attacking weapons because Thompson, stanley and perret are not attacking weapons and he continued to give them first choice, I like the look of Phillips and hopefully he gets given a go in 2016

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he showed alot of potential has speed to burn just had to work on his hands,perret lets in 2 tries a game but is slow at least this guy is young and on the way up

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to say but I don't think he'll see much first grade. If players in our lower grades get offers elsewhere they go because they know they're more likely to get a chance (eg Cook).

I had to lol at that poor kid from Newcastle that joined us - in the article it said Cleal told him we don't recruit reserve graders and he believed it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Holland and Phillips will get a run during Origin I'd say, that is assuming Stanley doesn't get injured.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope Phillips plays in the nines tournament and carves up with Dane Chisholm

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like des would prefer safe reliable wingers rather then attacking weapons because Thompson, stanley and perret are not attacking weapons and he continued to give them first choice, I like the look of Phillips and hopefully he gets given a go in 2016
You're very close to hitting the bullseye Bulldogz82. IMO Hasler wants defence all over the park instead of attack. Obviously having strong defence is important, but so is the ability to attack; maybe someone tell Des what scoreboards are for.

Our lack of attack is displayed by our flat line attack formation, our long and short kicking game and our inability to score from 10 metres out with Tolman doing his head down bum up plod forward on the 4th tackle. Add to that Ennis's top season at the Sharks and why Damien Cook went to Souths.

Yep, Tyrone Philips must be given a shot at first grade.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seriously this kids need a chance at first grade again either winger or fullback he can really kill it ! He played really well against raiders don't know how Corey Thompson kept getting over him when he played good against the raiders and was better then him in nsw cup
Des might play him in 2035 ;)

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're very close to hitting the bullseye Bulldogz82. IMO Hasler wants defence all over the park instead of attack. Obviously having strong defence is important, but so is the ability to attack; maybe someone tell Des what scoreboards are for.

Our lack of attack is displayed by our flat line attack formation, our long and short kicking game and our inability to score from 10 metres out with Tolman doing his head down bum up plod forward on the 4th tackle. Add to that Ennis's top season at the Sharks and why Damien Cook went to Souths.

Yep, Tyrone Philips must be given a shot at first grade.
I thought I read somewhere that the Bulldogs were the second highest try scorers in 2015, can someone please confirm this? if true then there was nothing wrong with our attack.
Just suspensions, injuries etc not to mention losing our playmaker TH just before the serious stuff started.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the Bulldogs were the second highest try scorers in 2015, can someone please confirm this? if true then there was nothing wrong with our attack.
Just suspensions, injuries etc not to mention losing our playmaker TH just before the serious stuff started.
You would be correct in thinking our attack went well last year. In the regular season we scored 102 tries to make us 4th behind the Cowboys, Roosters & Broncos. We were also 3rd in line breaks behind Cowboys & Roosters.

People on here like to rip into Des and our 'flat attack' but the stats don't lie. Last year we just had too many things go against us.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would be correct in thinking our attack went well last year. In the regular season we scored 102 tries to make us 4th behind the Cowboys, Roosters & Broncos. We were also 3rd in line breaks behind Cowboys & Roosters.

People on here like to rip into Des and our 'flat attack' but the stats don't lie. Last year we just had too many things go against us.
Shit defense, poor kicking game and poor defense against kicks

Those things are fixed no reason we can't win the whole thing next year

Our defense was 8th last year by the way and worse than the Knights who were wooden spooners

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're right insofar as stats are facts, but I firmly believe that a big percentage of our tries were scored through individual ability rather than Hasler's "game plan".

Shit defense, poor kicking game and poor defense against kicks

Those things are fixed no reason we can't win the whole thing next year

Our defense was 8th last year by the way and worse than the Knights who were wooden spooners
I agree that our defence let us down badly at times when who scored the next try was a game turner. Also our kicking game and kick defence was lousy.

But
The question that demands an ansibwer is "Why"?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All bases are full, will have to wait for injury or form slump.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its funny how people say des likes solid defensive wingers ,perret would be the worst defensive winger in the nrl

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People continually blame Perrett for defensive lapses. But defence is a team game. You rely on the player next to you to support you.
Perrett had no support from lafai at all. However, saying that, I would prefer Phillips on the wing and Holland to be tried in the centres. Lafai to the reggies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People continually blame Perrett for defensive lapses. But defence is a team game. You rely on the player next to you to support you.
Perrett had no support from lafai at all. However, saying that, I would prefer Phillips on the wing and Holland to be tried in the centres. Lafai to the reggies.
They are both as shit as each other. They are the weakest link in our team. Even weaker than our dud halves.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are both as shit as each other. They are the weakest link in our team. Even weaker than our dud halves.
Exactly right but i don't agree with the previous post lafai quite often stayed on his man it was perrets obsession with intercepts and coming off his wing blind freddy can see that,in saying that id love to see a holland/phillips combo on that side

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lafai's defensive issues - as a result of Sam coming in / missing in action on the wing.
Perrett's defensive issues - as a result of Lafai rushing in and leaving him with a 2 on 1 overlap.

Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.