Turvey reappointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changes are being made at the moment and fc members are super conservative. The rebel ticket has no platform to run on now (dib pulled the rug from underneath).

It's just unfortunate it has come late.

Where's Raelene btw.
There is no rebel ticket so far it’s been all talk.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Boss is back, nothing like a bit of passion in the place.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib is a smart man love him or hate him ... I like most was calling for his head but people power seems to have pulled him back into line sometimes better the devil you know?

Reactions: DT

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dib is a smart man love him or hate him ... I like most was calling for his head but people power seems to have pulled him back into line sometimes better the devil you know?
repentance
rɪˈpɛnt(ə)ns/
noun
  1. the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
    "each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"
    synonyms: remorse, contrition, contriteness, penitence, sorrow, sorrowfulness, regret, ruefulness, remorsefulness, pangs of conscience, prickings of conscience, shame, guilt, self-reproach, self-condemnation, compunction

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m stoked to have Turvey back but the downside to this is it guarantees Dib isn’t going anywhere. Turvey would have been a huge get for any rival ticket. I gotta admit every move Dib has done in the last month has been good so maybe he has turned the corner.
Hes begun listening to the fans. He'd do well to continue to.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Dib gets re-elected, who's to say he won't go back to doing whatever he wants and screwing the club and fans over again.

Reactions: GDR

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Dib gets re-elected, who's to say he won't go back to doing whatever he wants and screwing the club and fans over again.
I think this episode may have opened his eyes a bit.
That said, I still want the fat fuck gone.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m stoked to have Turvey back but the downside to this is it guarantees Dib isn’t going anywhere. Turvey would have been a huge get for any rival ticket. I gotta admit every move Dib has done in the last month has been good so maybe he has turned the corner.
That's the thing isn't it? If you put aside the name for the moment and just focus on the title of the person doing all this, in the past 6 months he has overseen the removal of the CEO who seemingly wasn't doing her job, removed the coach who didn't deliver a type of footy that we expected, appointed a coach that genuinely understands what it means to play for the dogs, cut the costs associated with the football dept that were getting out of control, waved good by the the (non) high performance manager and brought back into the fold a board member who (rightly) resigned due to inappropriate public, as opposed to private, comments. All those things are exactly the right options to take. Yes, he was responsible for initially making decisions that caused most of these, but even then at the time they were made they did make sense. At least he has taken all the appropriate steps to remedy his errors. So, does that justify re-appointment. In my view yes it does, although I'm not a voting member. He has us on the right track again after a couple of seasons of rubbish and although he may have fallen for the empty promises of Des, at least he knew when enough was enough and has acted in our best interests since then.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the thing isn't it? If you put aside the name for the moment and just focus on the title of the person doing all this, in the past 6 months he has overseen the removal of the CEO who seemingly wasn't doing her job, removed the coach who didn't deliver a type of footy that we expected, appointed a coach that genuinely understands what it means to play for the dogs, cut the costs associated with the football dept that were getting out of control, waved good by the the (non) high performance manager and brought back into the fold a board member who (rightly) resigned due to inappropriate public, as opposed to private, comments. All those things are exactly the right options to take. Yes, he was responsible for initially making decisions that caused most of these, but even then at the time they were made they did make sense. At least he has taken all the appropriate steps to remedy his errors. So, does that justify re-appointment. In my view yes it does, although I'm not a voting member. He has us on the right track again after a couple of seasons of rubbish and although he may have fallen for the empty promises of Des, at least he knew when enough was enough and has acted in our best interests since then.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, Dib as the spokesman of our current board has set us back financially & more importantly the reputation of our brand in both the sporting & business community. It was Dib who addressed the Football club members in February & insulted our collective intelligence; he led with the stat that after Rd20 last season we were the best atttacking side in the comp! That didn’t win us any accolades did it? He tried to appease us when questioned on the junior pathways & the clubs recruitment & retention justifying the clubs direction & everyone & I quote “everyone including myself will be held accountable” yet with our poor start to the season, the board decided to resign Hasler despite Dogs’ supporters & neutral rugby league experts questioning the timing & rationale. I for one hope there is a rebel ticket; is led by Dunn. He is an underestimated & very astute business/football mind. Timing is everything.i would also like Mark Waugh & James Magnussen involved with club in some capacity.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I go along with what you say. Dib has realised that the pathway they had taken was looking shaky despite best intentions. Whether this is a correction to get us back on track, or to save his hide, he appears now to be adopting the right choices. But only time will tell whether this is the correct formula.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weidlers exclusives are as exclusive as nsw winning an origin series. They happen once a decade
If you want to find the source of Weidler's "exclusives", follow the agent.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U can make it official now just got the email below:

Steve Mortimer to return to the Bulldogs Football Club Board

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced that former great Steve Mortimer will return to the Football Club Board.

Mortimer, stepped down from the Board back in November after deciding that he didn't feel as though he could fully support the direction the club's football program was heading in.

After the appointment of Dean Pay as Head Coach, Chairman Ray Dib approached Mortimer to offer him back his position on the Board and was delighted when he accepted.

Dib, was pleased to see Mortimer return to the Football Club Board: "Steve is one of the great Bulldogs of all time and I have tremendous respect for him as a person. With the change in coaching structure I approached Steve about returning to the Board and assisting Dean and the club in restoring the values of toughness, resilience and family that the Bulldogs stand for. Steve has gratefully accepted the Board's offer and is looking forward to helping to bring back the traditional Bulldogs culture. We are extremely pleased to have him back on board."

Mortimer himself was happy to be back involved with the club: "When I previously stepped down it was because I didn't agree with the direction the football program was going in and I thought it was unfair if I stayed involved. With the situation now changing with the appointment of Dean Pay as Head Coach, I am happy to accept Ray's invitation, who I have known for over thirty years, to come back on to the Board and help restore the traditional values that the club has always stood for. I had enormous respect for Peter 'Bullfrog' Moore and the way that he created a family club and I look forward to seeing the Bulldogs return to those traditions."

Malla

Reaction score
U can make it official now just got the email below:

Steve Mortimer to return to the Bulldogs Football Club Board

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced that former great Steve Mortimer will return to the Football Club Board.

Mortimer, stepped down from the Board back in November after deciding that he didn't feel as though he could fully support the direction the club's football program was heading in.

After the appointment of Dean Pay as Head Coach, Chairman Ray Dib approached Mortimer to offer him back his position on the Board and was delighted when he accepted.

Dib, was pleased to see Mortimer return to the Football Club Board: "Steve is one of the great Bulldogs of all time and I have tremendous respect for him as a person. With the change in coaching structure I approached Steve about returning to the Board and assisting Dean and the club in restoring the values of toughness, resilience and family that the Bulldogs stand for. Steve has gratefully accepted the Board's offer and is looking forward to helping to bring back the traditional Bulldogs culture. We are extremely pleased to have him back on board."

Mortimer himself was happy to be back involved with the club: "When I previously stepped down it was because I didn't agree with the direction the football program was going in and I thought it was unfair if I stayed involved. With the situation now changing with the appointment of Dean Pay as Head Coach, I am happy to accept Ray's invitation, who I have known for over thirty years, to come back on to the Board and help restore the traditional values that the club has always stood for. I had enormous respect for Peter 'Bullfrog' Moore and the way that he created a family club and I look forward to seeing the Bulldogs return to those traditions."
I'm pumped. This is excellent news for the Dogs. While I am still sceptical that Dib is only doing this for the facade, it still is a good feeling having an all time great back on board.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this must've been the exciting news DIB was talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.