Tripple M Rumour Mill this mornign on RE: NRL Matchfixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Was anyone listenign to Tripple M this morning?

I was listening to triple M this morning and they have this thing called the “rumour mill” and the rumour this morning was massive! Know, i know the NRL are already lookin into the cowboys v bulldogs R24 match. but now there is rumour that aot more high profile NRL players, managers and even underworld figures have been involved in a match fixing racket in the nrl.

Mark Geyer was saying that they spoke to their legal department to be able to able to release the rumour and he said that they had heard the rumour from numerous ppl, he also said the NRL know about it and are waiting until after the GF before they release any news about it…..the nrl denied knowing about it in their interview with Triple M!

also, these comments are from Mark Geyers twitter……

the rumour this morning was about an eloborate match fixing scam that involves up to 8 games this season and involving very high profile people, but no names were mentioned.

lolol @ underworld figures, this could be the latest version of Underbelly..

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet, should keep things interesting during the off-season

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
imo, if there was anything suss going on, then it would most probably have been by teams that knew that they weren't goin to make the top 8 anyway, including us, maybe we could have made the top 8, if we didnt match fix our games lolol. we did lose alot of games by a narrow margin, looks suss to me :D

on a serious note though, if these rumours are found to be true, then i think all forms of gambling and betting sponsorship should be banned from the NRL or even all sport in Australia. It may not be illegal to bet, but it can be destructive, and distracting especially for those who play sport, and therefore a conflict of interest to be promoting gambling and betting during coverage of televised sports such as the NRL, for example we have already seen tobacco sponsorship banned in Australian sport since 1996, alcohol sponsorship should be banned also, followec alos by betting & gambling sponsorship..

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO they should leave it alone.

Let the players fix matches so they can earn a little bit extra cash, which will help keep them in the game.

I blame the salary cay for this scandal :p

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
This has been squashed today by the NRL as BS

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I made this up and leaked it via the internet. It was just a little prank, nothing more.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Can someone do me a favour ?

Ring tomorrow and report the following ....

... High profile NRL Representative player spotted leaving a Men's Spa in the AM hours of Monday morning, and hopping into a waiting cab.
If you don't win, I'm a monkey's uncle.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone would automatically suspect David Shillington lollllllllll

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I am concerned about is, how will I know if the players in my Rugby League Live team are really trying or they have fixed the match on me?

Its not fair if I am trying my best and the computer has already fixed the match.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha big fan Kratos. Love your work.

BunnyJnr.. obviously it's Tandy but feel free to PM some more info?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I am concerned about is, how will I know if the players in my Rugby League Live team are really trying or they have fixed the match on me?

Its not fair if I am trying my best and the computer has already fixed the match.
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.