• Sharks 13+

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also a bit surprised Salmon over Curran see what game time they get.Is a Gus and CC Fav though and its more Panther to be fair ..

Imo Curran isn't a metre eater or a particularly good prop alternative really..they might have to take that punt on Faama game 1.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which is why I would’ve thrown our NSW Cup team out there for this Trial. We know how Cronulla will line up and how they play. We are a bit of an unknown quantity to oppositions at present. I fear we may show our hand too much in this Trial and Ciraldo may give away too many of his secrets. Hopefully our starting 13 named don’t play more than 40 minutes each. We need to be kept under wraps as much as possible. Some of our attacking shapes last Thursday were like Panthers shapes, but more dynamic.
It's catch 22 as our combinations need game time

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m very surprised Curran is playing off the bench. I’m guessing he starts and is a late change. Salmon definitely was one of our best and I hope he can continue that form. I just don’t see it happening when we are struggling for meters in our own half.

Salmon looked good because the Storm looked terrible. We had all the ball and field position. And we were still down at halftime. I really hope Ciro knows what he is doing. I really am struggling to see it.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched first half of Storm game for the first time. Just me or does Salmon look a bit like Foran? Lol
I thought the same thing!
Took me ages to figure out who he was as when I recorded the game, it started 20seconds in and didn't know who he was until Vossy mentioned his name.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sometimes size is not what you need in a pack . Tpj Pele Hughes were all there last season and we were getting steam rolled. I’m happy for a mobile pack aslong as our shape in offence is not forward based .
meaning players like Xerri / Kiraz do a lot of running coming out of back field .

Mobile packs makes for better lateral movement and quicker line speed and both those things last season is what caused our defence to suck .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are overreacting way too much to Curran starting on the bench. Salmon was great in the first trial. Curran could start off the bench in round 1 and still play 50 plus minutes like Cotter, Matterson etc did at their respective clubs in previous seasons. Relax...

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If our defence can keep sharks to 20 or less I’ll consider that a positive trial win or lose. It’ll show where we are at as last year their edges ruined us.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m very surprised Curran is playing off the bench. I’m guessing he starts and is a late change. Salmon definitely was one of our best and I hope he can continue that form. I just don’t see it happening when we are struggling for meters in our own half.

Salmon looked good because the Storm looked terrible. We had all the ball and field position. And we were still down at halftime. I really hope Ciro knows what he is doing. I really am struggling to see it.
It’s a trial game. Whoever starts doesn’t really matter. I’m sure on most of the positions that are up for grabs will be shared about. Curran and Salmon, Hutch and Sexy etc. they will all probably get 40min each to show their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.