Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The real test if we can stay fit and injury free, that will really determine how good we are and what areas we need to fix

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe trial tea leaves are meaningless to read, but they are still telling me;
- Salmon or Mann to start at lock in Rd 1 and Curren to be part of the front row rotation (by necessity)
- there is still genuine uncertainty about halfback.
- Xerri will start Rd 1
- Morrin, through sheer effort, will play a lot more FG than most expect this year.
- Turpin must be injured

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are Patolo, Turpin and Tracey playing NSW Cup? Apparently Kiraz is injured while Edwards is returning from injury...

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of our bench. A big, forward (110 kgs), a middle sized forward (approx 103 Kgs) and two small forwards (<100 Kgs). At least its a 4 forward bench and no half masquerading as a lock unlike almost all of last year. Still feel its a bit under sized, hopefully knight has a big game in cup and forces his way back into the side.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe trial tea leaves are meaningless to read, but they are still telling me;
- Salmon or Mann to start at lock in Rd 1 and Curren to be part of the front row rotation (by necessity)
- there is still genuine uncertainty about halfback.
- Xerri will start Rd 1
- Morrin, through sheer effort, will play a lot more FG than most expect this year.
- Turpin must be injured
I think Hayward played himself into contention last week, even if Turpin was available... if xerri performs this game he probably gets in and kiraz pushes Wilson out.. if not kiraz to centre and Wilson to stay wing.. I still think sexton is a chance of claiming the 7 jersey, but that will also depend on this weekend.. and there's maybe a bench spot up for grabs for a forward. All in all there's alot to play for, and that's going to be a very good thing for the team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Best on ground. I don't put much weight in the second half. Xerri and Hughes also good but below Salmon. Anyone else wasn't close to those 3 imo.
So catching the ball and passing it to the next bloke makes you best on ground these days? He only had 41 run metres.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
So catching the ball and passing it to the next bloke makes you best on ground these days? He only had 41 run metres.
We don't expect mutch from a lock, mainly don't make a 4 m run and get tackled with the ball on tackle 4 ala Tollman. Pretty sure Salmon managed to not do that so its a tick from me.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of our bench. A big, forward (110 kgs), a middle sized forward (approx 103 Kgs) and two small forwards (<100 Kgs). At least its a 4 forward bench and no half masquerading as a lock unlike almost all of last year. Still feel its a bit under sized, hopefully knight has a big game in cup and forces his way back into the side.
Kitione Kautoga is a chance of playing his way into that bench rotation.. will help the size factor issue (if CC sees it as an issue).

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't expect mutch from a lock, mainly don't make a 4 m run and get tackled with the ball on tackle 4 ala Tollman. Pretty sure Salmon managed to not do that so its a tick from me.
We should be expecting more. If we want to be a top 8 team then we need all our forwards to produce.

I liked what Salmon did in the first game but that wasn't a top 3 performance. Need more metres from him, especially when we have weak props.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should be expecting more. If we want to be a top 8 team then we need all our forwards to produce.

I liked what Salmon did in the first game but that wasn't a top 3 performance. Need more metres from him, especially when we have weak props.
It's essentially the game plan to have Hutcho playing both side and Salmon being the ball playing 13 to compensate for Burton poor passing game. He has to be put in positions where it's a simple option of running or passing to the man outside him. Some won't like to hear it, but it's the truth that the more Burton thinks the worse he plays.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not everyday you can say the slowest player in your back 5 is Blake Taafe. Kiraz back obviously changes that

Status
Not open for further replies.