Trent Hodkinson - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
8/10 for Hodkinson tonight.

Very solid defensively, good kicking game, but I just want him to run the ball more often. He only took 1 or 2 hit-ups tonight if memory serves me correctly. He controlled the boys well, and has a very cool head. Shared a lot of the responsibility with Ennis and Keating as well, so he didn't have a heap of pressure. Good stuff by Moore for identifying that.

I feel confident with him at the base.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
thats how he generally was with manly though. It was more guiding the team while Foran was the one running at the line

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
The less you run, the more predictable you become. I'm just after 6 or 7 runs a game to keep the opposition guessing.

Apart from that, top effort.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
yeah im pretty sure he will develop a running game, might take him a year or 2 but he will get there.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree completely with Slip. Very calm indeed.

I'm really liking the look of our halves after their first proper hit out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sterlo said on the radio tonight that the Bulldogs have themselves a fine replacement for Kimmorley in Trent, and he's still very young yet.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I'm hoping no one takes notice of him yet, would hate to lose him to origin. I can picture NSW picking him lol. They never stick to the same team

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I'm hoping no one takes notice of him yet, would hate to lose him to origin. I can picture NSW picking him lol. They never stick to the same team

They'd still pick Pearce if he lost both legs in a car accident. Massive love affair for him at the moment. Everything he does is an "Origin play".

Hodkinson was very good though. Terrific defender. It's great not having to hide a halfback.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I really like how he doesnt overplay his hand.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Gun player, defensively fantastic also - was drilling much bigger players with great technique

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
impressed me most of all.his defence is great and his composure is exactly what we need in a half. His kick for turner was superb in execution and vision

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great defense, great kicking and what can i say if he keeps this up and good combination with keating he will be one hectic halfback

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i liked his correct decisions late in the game

actually i loved the decisions especially the nice grubber that eventually forced their fullback ingoal

good thinking

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had 37 tackles, too. That's crazy for a halfback!

Status
Not open for further replies.