Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing wastes away in Queensland look at Reynolds playing the best footy of his career and Alfy has been tuning the little cahunt about the chip and chase :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed:
Controversially(also to myself I tried to resist with a many decade anti qlder teams stance)I'm on board their now my no 2 team, building bigtime and the little fucker Renno will even make the one annoying prick on their team Gamble a better player!! :hearteyes:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
DTT is a reserve grade coach period- that’s his ceiling overrated
You do realise that at least half the NSW Cup team are top 30 and train FT with Barrett & co? You do realise that DTT gets told who to play, where to play them & for how long? … by the NRL coaching staff.
If that’s true why are our NSW Cup equal third (only 3 points F/A) and NRL stone motherless last? Most NSW Cup teams have fringe or relegated NRL players.

I agree Sandercock is A-Grade ceiling at best.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am with PoundHounds on this one... you are showng so much hate toward Barrett but he isn't the only one in the firing line. The team has not put in a full 80 minutes the entire season that is on Ferris for his sh!t training regime and the players for not letting Barrett know that they are underdone. Those coming from other systems must have known they were not being trained as hard as other conditioners but were happy to have a bludge. And speaking of bludgers there are a few players that are not up to standard but are not making any attempt to improve. Yes the same individuals each week. The entire Club knew of our lack of fitness and yet ignored the issue or is this meeting the beginning.
I have resisted the hating(but each to their own)I also have said a number of times it can't be Baz's fault, the schoolboy errors game after game these fucking players have blood on their hands too.Where Is the pride!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hear you, but decisions aren’t made based on what your average fan thinks - especially on Farcebook.
Yeah. What I've been saying. I'm happy to sit back and let Gus / the boys in black take this decision. They all want the same thing - a successful team - so gotta believe in them.

If Gus weren't there I wouldn't have so much belief though that must be said

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but Brent Read is incredibly hit and miss these days.

It's entirely possible they hold these meetings every so often anyway.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no doubts players will be moved on at seasons end but I would be very surprised if we tap TPJ on the shoulder. He has been our only point of difference this year. And why do it before a game. That sounds like throwing darts with rumours. I agree you can’t have him, Kikau and Thompson all on big coin but I’d say Thompson will be the one moved on. He’s had no Impact at all in the NRL, partly could blame coaching and the team around him but he gets dominated most hit ups these days, needs late footwork coached into his style and ball playing. TPJ just needs to get involved more

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What do ya do with a broken record, what do ya do with a broken record, what do ya do with a broken record
1652643248149.png
Early in the mornin'

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've got a feeling they won't sack him tomorrow. They will give another 4 to 6 weeks and then depending upon how that goes, determine whether to sack him.
A lot of punters on here believe he’s getting 4-6 more weeks

My question is, what difference will it make? He’s shown nothing in a season and a half and he’s had a decent roster this season and has still managed to mess it up

Losing to a 16th placed Knights team that were missing half their starting side should have cemented the final nail on his coaching coffin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By who? I'm assuming Gus. If this is true then how is Baz meant to prepare the team to perform. Getting rid of TPJ first year into a contract is a terrible look for the club
It is a terrible look but if getting rid of 10 including Thommo and TPJ means landing Munster then I ain’t mad [emoji23]

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A lot of punters on here believe he’s getting 4-6 more weeks

My question is, what difference will it make? He’s shown nothing in a season and a half and he’s had a decent roster this season and has still managed to mess it up

Losing to a 16th placed Knights team that were missing half their starting side should have cemented the final nail on his coaching coffin
Yes but chucking someone else in, who may be just as bad, could be far worse as far as our reputation goes with other coaches, player managers and players.

If we dont get that new better quality coaching staff we are back to square one results wise and lots of even more angry fans.

This has to be professionally handled and thought thru best practice for the club's sake.