News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haas, JFH, AFB are all on 1mil or close and were in top 4 teams. You can be normal for once bro. I know you are stuck in this negative fkn character but us getting AFB would be a fkn positive.
Mate, JFH is not on 1 million, he’s only on 960k. He is also the only one of those boys who is a premiership player, which inflates his value by about 50-100k. If we could get AFB for 900, I guess I’d be ok with that. But 900 would be the absolute ceiling. In reality it’s gonna cost us at least 1.2 mill Too pricey!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not an example I was making a point.
Funny how you didn’t say anything about the broncos.
Because they are losers, Fam. You watch, in a year or two Payne’s salary will be weighing too heavily on them and they will be missing finals.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is what I got told earlier today guys and gals

“Gus has been in discussions with Cows to take Taumalolo off their hands “

This is what I got told 5 mins ago

“The Taumalolo plan on hold, Gus is making direct enquires on AFB..If the Warriors let him go which looks likely Dogs going all in”

“The problem is Dragons are making him a priority now and I believe his parents live closer to Dragons HQ, it’s early days but dominoes will fall once the Warriors make their decision “
Fuck man hope it comes true, AFB priority. Imagine we somehow move Sutton and RFM and have room for Taumalolo also. Every other club would be hating us.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to put a little perspective on this situation..
I just found out today that my dad has bladder cancer and it has thrown my world into a spin..
Even the brand new car I bought yesterday means nothing right now..
So if his parents are in a serious health situation and he needs an immediate release..the last thing he would be thinking about is his next potential club..
Don’t expect this to be decided and resolved in a few days..
He would be solely focused on his family right now..
Respect the reason for a release guys and understand his priorities right now..
Great post and hope your dad pulls through x

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck man hope it comes true, AFB priority. Imagine we somehow move Sutton and RFM and have room for Taumalolo also. Every other club would be hating us.
We would be great in attack but the amount of 44-36 shorelines will be nuts

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that clears things up for me. I've been sitting here thinking why the fuck isn't anyone saying anything about him dating a 17 year old :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
100 years ago 17 was average age of marriage
My grandparents got married at 16 and 17 actually but overseas

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The first hurdle is warriors need to agree. Will need to be patient on this one.
That's a massive hurdle. If it's granted there's going to be a bit of a shit fight for his signature anyway.

I’m getting Tino, Haas, Mo Fo vibes on this AFB situation…. Let’s not get our hopes up guys
I have a glimmer of hope. But not expecting the release to be granted. Never say never.

I agree Webster's done a brilliant job and shown himself to be a top coach. We've got some good players too, but Ciraldo wasn't able to get the best out of them in year 1 for sure. I'm not sure what sets the top coaches apart from the others (Bennett, Bellamy, Jack Gibson and Mal Reilly are very different to each other). I think it's some sort of innate ability to get get players to trust them, but it doesn't grow on trees, or at Belmore apparently.
Keeping the Warriors focused and in form is the mark of a good coach. If I looked back a bit there's been a few coaches that had a great first season with them only to discover the following seasons the team showed little interest and less effort. I think they need not only a decent coach, they also need some players within the team to lead the way on field and at training. I think Webster really benefits from having experienced guys like Johnson around. Doesn't hurt that they've also got Marcelo Montoya leading the way. But I'll be interested to see if they can come close to replicating this season.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What I can tell of Webster, he has that Ricky Stuart quality of believing in his players and sticking with them

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could offer them RFM . . . Although that may just anger them
RFM and Topine are both Auckland-born.
Both need a fresh start.
Auckland gets two forwards, we get one.
Pitch it as a homecoming for both and a chance for their coach to show just how good he actually is by transforming our rejects.
Play to his ego.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM and Topine are both Auckland-born.
Both need a fresh start.
Auckland gets two forwards, we get one.
Pitch it as a homecoming for both and a chance for their coach to show just how good he actually is by transforming our rejects.
Play to his ego.
They have a full squad of 30.
I think in all honesty we need to kick up kikau.
He’s not Aussies so he won’t care.
We might be able to get away with Max King or even Liam Knight considering AFB doesn’t wanna be there but it’s lucky.
I think you might find we have competiton. Tigers give up Papalii or Klemmer and pay him high too.
Or saints give up De Belin.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have a competent coach and infinitely better pack. They are much closer to finals than we are. You guys need to think with your heads and not your hearts. He'd be mad to come here while Ciraldo is at the helm. Ciraldo would probably play him as an edgy lol
Oh come on @Flanagun they have a hooker playing as a half and a failed half that tried to transition to hooker in NSW Cup, playing as their other half!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have a full squad of 30.
I think in all honesty we need to kick up kikau.
He’s not Aussies so he won’t care.
We might be able to get away with Max King or even Liam Knight considering AFB doesn’t wanna be there but it’s lucky.
I think you might find we have competiton. Tigers give up Papalii or Klemmer and pay him high too.
Or saints give up De Belin.

How do you consistently type up such garbage.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another tweet saying he grew up in Moorebank but others claiming he is a Rabbitoh junior and others saying he is a St George/Dragons jnr?
Born and grew up in Meadowbank.
Junior club is Mascot Jets.
Souths 11
Eels 12
Dragqueens 13

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference between Walsh & AFB.

Walsh asked the Warriors in advance for the release & only used the compassionate grounds once.
1st compassionate grounds were for his partner and kids to get them into a better environment.
Wanted to leave Sydney, and proved this by not signing with a Sydney team.
This time around, it is for his mother in Sydney, let's see if he signs up for a Sydney team.
Stop whining about shit because your crooked team doesn't benefit, donkey lover!
If your side was treated the way ours has been, it would have been turned into a glue factory years ago and playing park footy, where it belongs!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if they’ll do what they did with Walsh and make the agreement that they choose the team he can go back to. Which is his past club. That wouldn’t surprise me.
The only reason Walsh went to the Donkeys, was he was not allowed to sign with Redcliffe and he wanted to go to a Brisbane based team!