TPJ V SBW

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
How are more people not disgusted with how TPJ has walked out on the club at such a low point. How is this much different to how SBW walked out. Yes SBW walked out when we were wooden spooners in the middle of the night and winning the wooden spoon by a fair margin, but lets be honest, we aren't far off the wooden spoon this year.

- TPJ has essentially decided to walk out of his contract overnight
- TPJ has essentially said I'm not interested in busting my arse for this club anymore if they aren't contending
- TPJ has said i'd rather quit immediately and go play another sport

Sua'uali'i from the Roosters has honoured his contract and played out the year yet got absolutely hammered by the media, whilst TPJ is almost getting praise for it.

There seems to be this BS narrative of 'he said at the start of the year that if he didn't feel he could give his 100% he would walk away', hahaha wtf they have completely pulled the wool over our eyes.

Its pretty clear SBW has been sharing his notes with TPJ, two scummy blokes.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LO WTF 99.99% of supporters are cheering that TPJ has pulled the pin. If anything, he deserves respect for being honest and saying his focus is boxing if thats what motivates him. He could have easily stuck around and leeched the remainder of his contract. The relationship between our club and TPJ isn't working and you want to harp on about him walking out LOL

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
LO WTF 99.99% of supporters are cheering that TPJ has pulled the pin. If anything, he deserves respect for being honest and saying he wants to focus on boxing if thats what motivates him. He could have easily stuck around and leeched the remainder of his contract.
Smoking bongs motivates me, but i get paid to do my job. He is weak as piss and obviously thinks he can make more money out of boxing.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
The difference between SBW and TPJ is TPJ is shit and most of us wanted him gone, he's done us a favour.
True that is a big difference, but if we sign no other prop for 2024 we have definitely lost something.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True that is a big difference, but if we sign no other prop for 2024 we have definitely lost something.
Some one will fill the void, i'd rather take a chance on someone else than be stuck with him for another year.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No comparison
SBW had talent and likely wasnt tapped to go to France by the club

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm..

one walked out on us in the middle of the night left us high and dry.

The other told us up front he’s hearts not in it and wants to leave.

One was a fan Favourite and GF winner and potentially would have been an all time great.

The other not once hit his potential, fans grew sick of him and asking him to leave or get dropped.

One broke our hearts, the other is breaking our bank.

Yeah Nah not the same

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really kept waiting for TPJ to fulfil his potential. Never did. Showed on Sunday he was capable of being our go forward, but a mistake, and lets not forget JAC called for it, led to him being pulled by the coach.

Ok take him off but should of come back on sooner.

I thought last 2 games he simplified his game. CC obviously thought otherwise

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not upset because SBW was world class. This guy is a walking error eating up a large chunk of cap when we could actually get a game changing player.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LO WTF 99.99% of supporters are cheering that TPJ has pulled the pin. If anything, he deserves respect for being honest and saying his focus is boxing if thats what motivates him. He could have easily stuck around and leeched the remainder of his contract. The relationship between our club and TPJ isn't working and you want to harp on about him walking out LOL
Despite all TPJ's issues for years I wished we would sign him and was happy when we did, excuses I was giving him for the way he was playing while earning $725k a season from us and $250k from the Gronkos,
He lost my trust in him when he admitted he was taking the piss and wanted him gone ever since,
People say he is a man of his word for leaving as he promised he would if he doesn't perform.
I would say while we were desperate for an ALPHA prop he wasn't there for us for his team mates and club,
Forget boxing...Now think about which club will he pop up at ?
I don't trust him !!!

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee, I dunno.

One decided he couldn't fulfill the promise of what he was paid to do, fronted the club and his teammates, and honourably "retired" with the consent and good wishes of club and supporters; and had the good grace to wait until the end of a season. [Not working out. No use taking money for non-performance and abusing our cap for zero result. Good on him. A classy act.]

The other slithered out of the joint, telling no one, skulking off to the airport under the cover of darkness, leaving his club, teammates, fans clueless to his nefarious intent (to unilaterally absolve himself of his obligations under the contract he signed). An utter coward.

Yeah, it's totally the same thing... :expressionless:

Having the coward back around the club, after his abject betrayal (still without apology, mind you) is just another example of the mediocrity we now accept as normal and why we are still struggling to re-find our soul as a club.

F#ck him, and the horse he rode in on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP has a point, situation is a little different with the way it’s been played out e.g letting management know as opposed to sneaking out.

But if he was say playing like Haas and did this, TK would be in melt down, but because he’s not playing to value and frees up a lot of money we’re all ok with it, ..

I get the point he’s trying to make …. but no use crying over spilt milk, let’s hope Gould & Co. can use the money to buy us a more dedicated destructive forward pack for 2024 and beyond ..

Also believe a lot more has gone down here that we don’t know about, to me the boxing narrative is just to appease the media, he’ll box, but that was probably already planned … I’d like to know the real story ..