Tpj to retire from nrl

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What an ungrateful prick. Making his parents look bad. He should be glad that they guided him to play league. Don't know how he did academically but league has pretty much set him up for life.
He obviously has a lot of demons and mental health issues affecting him. I thought he was holding back tears in that interview, seemed pretty emotional. Hopefully he does understand league has set him up even though he "never liked it".
Hopefully the bloke finds peace and balance in his life, would hate to see him have to come back to league.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah no respect for the **** throwing his parents under the bus like that... what goes around comes around.
True to a certain extent, but from the outside looking in I feel he's trying to discover who he is, perhaps his way out was letting the world know his heart was never in it. Of course you could look at it from another angle and argue it was a was to promote boxing as his true passion.
I'm inclined to believe the former, but I guess time will tell.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be at the dolphins by January/February next year. He will have a fight or 2 in between and will announce his love for the game again after a 1 on 1 with Wayne , and will state that Wayne’s saggy scrotum or sorry I mean aura he couldn’t say no to…and he will be allowed to continue to box while he play’s league. Anyway I just will say this take it as you will. He tpj was never happy playing for the bulldogs right from the beginning he took a lot of persuading to get him to sign with the dogs, and even when he signed with us he was already looking for a way out, I’ve been told and believe the person who passed the info to me that the main reason he signed with us because no one came close to the offer we gave and length of contract so he was talked into signing with us. He never wanted to leave Brisbane and he basically used us not only for the money but also waiting for an opportunity to head back to a Brisbane based team. I’ve also been told again take it how you will, that his comments from the beginning of the year which he said that the club can sack him if he doesn’t come back to training at a certain weight after his boxing match, and apparently it was his way of trying to get tapped and moved on. the only reason I’ve been told that he stuck it out this long is because of ciraldo and him have a history and go way back, and apparently he has mentioned retiring from the game way before last week.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gallen says Pangirl won't be champ and I agree with him.

He will get eaten alive by the first real boxer he faces.
I'd agree. I think Gallen is coming from a work ethics point of view and Tevita is lazy and may not have the drive and dedication to be champ. In footy he could hide, in the ring he can't.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want him to start his holiday early and force the rest of the fatigued softies to cover for a $750k player?

I say make him play 80! :grinning:
Not many of them deserve to even wear the jersey and he is at the top of the list. He doesn’t wanna play footy doesn’t wanna play for the bulldogs he should be shown the door now!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ head space is all over the shop .. I know he and SBW camp haven’t been very close for a while. TPJ wife is pregnant atm and I can't confirm but I've been told perhaps the unborn child isn't 'healthy' also Gus has done a lot to try and help him but TPJ head space is fkd atm.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
TPJ head space is all over the shop .. I know he and SBW camp haven’t been very close for a while. TPJ wife is pregnant atm and I can't confirm but I've been told perhaps the unborn child isn't 'healthy' also Gus has done a lot to try and help him but TPJ head space is fkd atm.
I hope the baby is born healthy and well.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it got worse after he & his partner lost their daughter at 24 weeks into the pregnancy in 2021.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ now blaming his parents for forcing him into a sport he didnt want to play - shame about all the $$ he made out of it.
Just wants to make sure he doesn’t get booed this weekend so blame the parent s

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TPJ now blaming his parents for forcing him into a sport he didnt want to play - shame about all the $$ he made out of it.
"like you know, I didn't like want to like play league bruh, it was forced upon me, I didn't have a choice like bruh, it's not fair bruh, kids should be able to make their own choices bruh"

Was how it heard it

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He obviously has a lot of demons and mental health issues affecting him. I thought he was holding back tears in that interview, seemed pretty emotional. Hopefully he does understand league has set him up even though he "never liked it".
Hopefully the bloke finds peace and balance in his life, would hate to see him have to come back to league.
If it wasn’t for his track record I’d agree with you. He never wanted to leave Brisbane but did it for the money. If he doesn’t like league there’s plenty of jobs out there laying bricks but he won’t be earning $750K. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. you don’t walk away from a salary like that unless you have something else lined up.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for Tevita. It was always a risk signing him as he had the odd 10/10 with the rest being 5/10, and Broncos fans were glad to see the back of him. A disruptive person around the sheds apparently. l reckon he may have some mental demons, and I don’t hold it against him. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why he’s chosen to leave/been nudged. Gus would have probably said do what makes you happy. Maybe he prefers the idea of being in a solo sport.

Whatever the case it‘s better for us. We were never going to get the $800k value (or whatever he’s on) out of him. For that he’d have to be dominant every week, like AFB. He’s not going to another club, so we can’t be paying him to play elsewhere. I guess he loses his final year’s salary? Which is a big chunk of change to forego, to be able to leave the club early.