Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree but last week she was bagging me when i suggested why we keep trex and let guys like tapau go and now shes all for it lol
They couldn't get rid of Williams as he is contracted till the end of 2016. I doubt they could release him unless he asked for a release. Pretty much the way Finucane asked for a release which was granted. It is unfortunate the stars didn't align up at the same time. I really do hope Trex is not re signed when he's contract is up and I bet you my last dollar that he will tear it up next season when he is coming off contract

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They couldn't get rid of Williams as he is contracted till the end of 2016. I doubt they could release him unless he asked for a release. Pretty much the way Finucane asked for a release which was granted. It is unfortunate the stars didn't align up at the same time. I really do hope Trex is not re signed when he's contract is up and I bet you my last dollar that he will tear it up next season when he is coming off contract
He will be a gun that year. He is just cruising now.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From NRL 5 key points:

"Dogs need more from Tony Williams

The T-Rex has lost its bite. The fear Tony Williams once put in the hearts of opponents is simply not there anymore. His game is riddled with errors and he is not as demanding of the Steeden as someone worth $650,000 per year should be. Round 6 against the Dragons was the last time the 26 year-old registered triple-figure run metres, and again went for just 76 metres from eight carries on Friday night. For a player of Williams' pedigree, he should be looking for double the amount of touches. If Williams is not going to expend a great deal of energy tackling (12 tackles on Saturday), then there is no excuse to go missing on the other side of the ball."

I actually thought he was playing fairly well up to the Souffs game. However, he does seem to be extremely inconsistent. I think our typically negative attacking style is hurting.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would rather an up and coming player making his mark and making a few mistakes than what williams give us.

If it is a bad and expensive investment you can still park it away somewhere like NSW cup. Why penalise the rest of the team, the club and its supporters for his uninterested and uncommitted performances.

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Today I watched a highlights video from when he played for Manly.

It's f**king depressing seeing how good he played there, compared to here.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Today I watched a highlights video from when he played for Manly.

It's f**king depressing seeing how good he played there, compared to here.
He has never lost his skill or ability - only his desire to play. That is what the so called genius coaching staff are paid to manage. Obviously not working.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result - cop the tip Des, Try something different with Trex.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T Rex has an attitude problem - Should have kept Finucane

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have roughly 6% use of my heart.

That's 6% more than Dorothy has.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is the halves job to put ball runners through holes, select the right runner and create opportunity for strike runners to be one on one with a smaller defender or the inside shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players don't have to be off contract these days to be released ,the point is our recruitment chose to pay overs to trex and keep picking him no matter how shit he's played ,where the other 2 were allowed to move on ,very poor in my opinion

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the worst signing but by far the most overrated ever.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
It is the halves job to put ball runners through holes, select the right runner and create opportunity for strike runners to be one on one with a smaller defender or the inside shoulder.
Yeah correct........but the player(She Rex) has to run into or at the holes first so the half can feed him.
He wont, too scared.
Same as why he dosent drop onto loose balls, because he know he will get smashed.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah correct........but the player(She Rex) has to run into or at the holes first so the half can feed him.
He wont, too scared.
Same as why he dosent drop onto loose balls, because he know he will get smashed.
Do you know what creates holes to run into? When a half takes the ball to the line or runs it instead of catching and passing every ****ing play like hodkinson.

and why do people still compare him to when he played at manly? So much a has changed and happened and it's obvious the coaching staff have told him that he has a different role now and he's also had a back injury since then which may or may not have affected his running.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate whether he takes it to the line or not T-Rex doesn't run straight and HARD... He does a jinx before the defence line which is f***** annoying.
Since when has our structure been conducive to deep running? Of course he's going to try and put a move on when he gets the ball and there's 3 blokes on him every time, it's like in the nfl where pass rushes use moves to get around defenders in the tiniest amount of space.

And also ill ill take any of your criticisms of another player seriously when you stop bringing your hodkinson themed kneepads to every debate on player form

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're the one who mentioned him mate..
I didn't say not to mention any players, just that your credibility is challenged when you go around spouting that the sun shines out a certain players ass and seems to escape any and all criticism from yourself

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see that Williams has run the second highest number of metres of any Dogs forwards this year, behind Tolman.

He has run more metres than Jackson, and Jackson has played quite a few more minutes. Williams has been getting fewer and fewer minutes over the past few weeks, with Pritchard getting more and more game time, and Jackson playing around 70mins per game. I think Williams had around 34 mins last week.

Jackson is undeniably the best back rower when it comes to the 1%ers. His cover defence is brilliant.

The reprise of Frank has been great this year as well.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
just from a curiosity perspective do you have average metres per game or better yet metres per minute?

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Must include the metres he runs, sorry walks sideways, plus when he runs on and off the field.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
rex has to get used as an impact back rower imo, gotta be on the bench and playing 20 minute stints at back of each half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
just from a curiosity perspective do you have average metres per game or better yet metres per minute?
92.33m per game.
8.31m per hitup.
1.51m per minute.
.18 hitups per minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.