Todd Greenberg a no-show for lunch meeting with Bulldogs chair Ray Dib

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So apparently someone said dib has some good contacts in the nrl ????? LMFAO in his f#ckin dreams ..

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Castle once said:

Q: What's your take on the salary cap – good, bad?

A: I had dealt with salary caps previously in netball so I had a pretty good idea how they worked. Obviously there's more in-depth machinations around the NRL salary cap because it's a complex beast. The best way I can describe it is as a massively complex jigsaw puzzle. It's like a 1000 piece puzzle that you throw on the floor and all the pieces look the same, you've got to try and build them together. So at any one time you're running four years worth of spreadsheets – four years because every time you sign a player for three years, it's got a 3-4 year impact for you. So you can't even look at one year in isolation, you've got to be forecasting three years in advance.

Shes obviously a horrible puzzle solver or her excel spreadsheet has a bug.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope someone can get a photo of Dib sitting at the table with all this food in front of him and no-one else there...now that would be a "caption this" photo op that I would enjoy!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
"Pretty good idea how they work"
Obviously NOT.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The dogs need to be sanctioned and punished for this.
You guys should be made to start on minus 20 next year you cheating kents!
Hahahahaha... won't happen. Next.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm free for lunch Ray - don't mind Chinese food - I can speak a bit of Mandarin as well. 1.00pm ok?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Castle once said:

Q: What's your take on the salary cap – good, bad?

A: I had dealt with salary caps previously in netball so I had a pretty good idea how they worked. Obviously there's more in-depth machinations around the NRL salary cap because it's a complex beast. The best way I can describe it is as a massively complex jigsaw puzzle. It's like a 1000 piece puzzle that you throw on the floor and all the pieces look the same, you've got to try and build them together. So at any one time you're running four years worth of spreadsheets – four years because every time you sign a player for three years, it's got a 3-4 year impact for you. So you can't even look at one year in isolation, you've got to be forecasting three years in advance.

Shes obviously a horrible puzzle solver or her excel spreadsheet has a bug.
It's called budgeting and forecasting Rae.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray Dib you will be looking like a goose! The joke is on you because no one wants to come and play with you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]images (8).jpg

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Ah am I the only one who lols a bit here? The 300k cap increase helps raiders, but not us? Well ok fuck head what does it do?

Jackson/Klemmer are surely here long enough for us to use that to help them.

The media are spinning its 10mil we are at. That leaves us 500k off and we have parted with Kas off the books for 18 too so I doubt they'd know exact figures.

Worst case scenario I think we will want to get rid of Eastwood and the light for me is next year we will finally see a half in our team in Foran and will have more money then most free with Graham and Morris bros off contract and backended will see at least 2.5 to blow. Plus Eastwood if he sticks round. Just hope we spend it right ffs.

I stand by release Graham sign Cronk and release Eastwood or tolman for whatever needs to go under cap if any. Asap. Fuck do both and sign some cheap hard running prick like tetevano.

Apparently the 300k veterans allowance is for players who have played 8 years at one club continuously or have 10 years’ continuous service across the NRL.

So - Both Morris' should qualify as they've played 10yrs + continuously in the NRL, Chase Stanley is over 10 in a row, Tolman has also just clocked up 10 NRL years...

Feastwood would have qualified for it had he not fucked off to ESL for half a year...the NRLol is ridiculous that they won't count him even though he has 12yrs in their comp.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how the fucking fuck are we fucking over 9.2 million?

Seriously? How the FUCK.

This club is in an absolute shambles.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hiding under the Broncos salary sombrero!
The Broncos & Roosters imo are different kettles of fish. .

The Broncos are a 1 club city in a strong rugby heartland. They will always have a natural advantage over most clubs.

The Rorter$ on the other hand, dont have local juniors, arent a rugby league area, & are meant to be competing with 8 other Sydney clubs, yet they always manage to sign in demand established NRL stars & stockpile the best juniors

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
MMMMM can anyone smell the chinese cooking? lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought that one of our leaders was a financial genius. Cant seem to find him.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no one turns up and he looks like a shit **** sitting by himself.
And while Dib is sitting there all by himself a barman should come over with a message and read it out, from Greenturd he sends his apologies and say's fuck u Dib u loser, and read the message out loud for everyone to hear.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently the 300k veterans allowance is for players who have played 8 years at one club continuously or have 10 years’ continuous service across the NRL.

So - Both Morris' should qualify as they've played 10yrs + continuously in the NRL, Chase Stanley is over 10 in a row, Tolman has also just clocked up 10 NRL years...

Feastwood would have qualified for it had he not fucked off to ESL for half a year...the NRLol is ridiculous that they won't count him even though he has 12yrs in their comp.
That is 300k OVERALL, so in the wash up if you had 4 players for example they could split that total amount 75k each or whichever way is seen fit. If reported figures are accurate...not much help.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That is 300k OVERALL, so in the wash up if you had 4 players for example they could split that total amount 75k each or whichever way is seen fit. If reported figures are accurate...not much help.
Yh it doesn't help at all. Really think they could create a much better system that rewards clubs that promote juniors and encourages players to remain at their clubs longterm. Juniors and long serving players should get a % of their deal exempt from the cap imo.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Yh it doesn't help at all. Really think they could create a much better system that rewards clubs that promote juniors and encourages players to remain at their clubs longterm. Juniors and long serving players should get a % of their deal exempt from the cap imo.
Pretty much.

The salary cap is a farce, don't expect anything more from a competition so ineptly run as the NRLol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Yea I get it's 300k total - makes it more of a joke when you have multiple players with experience lol

Status
Not open for further replies.