To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100%, his small forward game plan using fast leg speed and endurance is impressive outside the box thinking. Pretty much every single player on here was not happy with us not having an alpha prop. So everyone is a Ciraldo Hater and detractor :grinning:
Credit when credit is due bro. He deserves credit this season.

My only concerns this year so far is not using Tracey at FB and to an extent, Hutch (it's not like Sexton would be a massive improvement).

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not taking sides but I'm sure even you were pissed off about Perham and rotations.
My favourite part is the insinuation that Ciraldo had a poor team last year and that’s why it went badly but you can’t say he only looks good this year because of the great squad. I don’t believe that but it’s what the whisperers logic leads to

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credit when credit is due bro. He deserves credit this season.

My only concerns this year so far is not using Tracey at FB and to an extent, Hutch (it's not like Sexton would be a massive improvement).
Exactly mate, he’s not going to be perfect. He could have a small period where he regresses and makes more mistakes or a period where does everything perfect for the next 10 rounds. I just want to him to learn and progress from either

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My favourite part is the insinuation that Ciraldo had a poor team last year and that’s why it went badly but you can’t say he only looks good this year because of the great squad. I don’t believe that but it’s what the whisperers logic leads to
At this stage I think it's a mix of both. It's like he is a decent driver that upgraded from a scooter to a V8 lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not taking sides but I'm sure even you were pissed off about Perham and rotations.
My point is Perham wasn’t the reason we finished near the bottom, neither were the rotations. It’s simple, we never had the experience and leadership on the field and we had some soft c**ks who thought we trained too hard and became cancers in our club. Ciro wanted real men who could execute what he wanted. Never said Ciro was perfect, but he wasnt the reason we finished down the bottom.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly mate, he’s not going to be perfect. He could have a small period where he regresses and makes more mistakes or a period where does everything perfect for the next 10 rounds. I just want to him to learn and progress from either
I just hate how some think others want him to fail just to be right. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I honestly think even if we put up a fight and even lose by 1-12, he and the whole team will earn respect from everyone, whether they admit it or not.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My point is Perham wasn’t the reason we finished near the bottom, neither were the rotations. It’s simple, we never had the experience and leadership on the field and we had some soft c**ks who thought we trained too hard and became cancers in our club. Ciro wanted real men who could execute what he wanted. Never said Ciro was perfect, but he wasnt the reason we finished down the bottom.
Yeah I get ya bro, read up to my upgrade from a scooter to a V8 comment lol

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just hate how some think others want him to fail just to be right. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I honestly think even if we put up a fight and even lose by 1-12, he and the whole team will earn respect from everyone, whether they admit it or not.
I’ll respect them even with an 18 point loss. It’s what we do after this game that I feel is so important. We lose here and go on to lose the two after it’s a disaster. It’s not admitting defeat or anything but we play our own game and learn from the best.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I get ya bro, read up to my upgrade from a scooter to a V8 comment lol
I did, but it’s not even a V8 yet. We’ve gone from a scooter to a 4 cylinder. Wait till the talent starts coming through from the lower grades and we add some more experience from other clubs. Then we will be a V8

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I did, but it’s not even a V8 yet. We’ve gone from a scooter to a 4 cylinder. Wait till the talent starts coming through from the lower grades and we add some more experience from other clubs. Then we will be a V8
I'm aiming for a Lambo V12 ;)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't called him "the Assistant" for a while now, being a defence guy, he and the team are impressing me.

Haven't used "the centre" for a while either.

I guess having the right type of players now and not whinging bitches helps both of them.
That’s the difference though bro you’ve moved on some haven’t or refuse to.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That’s the difference though bro you’ve moved on some haven’t or refuse to.
We've all been wrong before. Like i mentioned I never wanted him sacked or anything, I was wrong about how long he needed to start improving our team, I originally though 3-5 years, now I'm thinking it's 2-3.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100% we all get it wrong from time to time, it's just that some handle it better than others when they are. Still a long way to go in the season and the wheels could fall off the wagon yet, but the bones of a good side is there and we are moving in the right direction.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a mix of both Ciro's coaching, but also getting rid of a tonne of dead weight.

Flanagan, Nu Brown, Pele, Luke Thompson, Alamoti, Averillo, Casey, Okunbor, TPJ, Topine, Waddell, Topine, Quai-Ward, Perham. So much dead wood has been removed, most of these players are either in ESL, or average/ below average for their FG sides (Waddell / Flanagan). Averillo and to an extent Alamoti are the only 2 I'm sad to have lost. I also wish we didn't lose Paul Vaughn, but the $$ and opportunity overseas is too good to pass up.

We have raised the overall 'floor' of our team. Mann, Hutch, Curran, Taaffe, Tracey, Xerri, Wilson, Salmon, etc wouldn't look out of place on any other FG side let alone on our team, even as impact bench players at worse. Throw in a healthy Kikau, Kiraz, JAC, Critta and Burton and Mahoney being freed of the captaincy to play their roles to perfection and we are the big improvers of 2024.