To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think I get wat thread is about. Aimed at the posters who were so vocal and constant in there abuse of Ciro. If that’s the case I get it, as was becoming toxic with there in depth nrl knowledge lol. Whilst we haven’t achieved much yet, you can clearly see the next period is exciting and we are on the up and up. All on back of Ciro

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think you're underestimating Webster's coaching ability just for the sake of it. Teams will always have lulls in performance during the course of a season no matter how good they are.

I'm sorry but I really dont understand the point of this thread.
Here's the point, and i will make it really obvious for the slow kids. We have been getting bashed for 18 months for picking the wrong panthers assistant to be our head coach, now we are looking decent with a very average, albeit young and promising roster. our friends in nz have an amazing roster (including a few blokes top 5 in their positions in the nrl + a few potential hall of famers) and are putrid, the signs are there that the success of last year was down to natural talent, hence the coach could very well be a dud, the so called 'experts' can get fucked and we can all say #fuckthewahs.
They may finish above us, but wow there last month has been trash.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think I get wat thread is about. Aimed at the posters who were so vocal and constant in there abuse of Ciro. If that’s the case I get it, as was becoming toxic with there in depth nrl knowledge lol. Whilst we haven’t achieved much yet, you can clearly see the next period is exciting and we are on the up and up. All on back of Ciro
We are still 4/4 with beating three of the four worst teams in the comp. Obviously we are building towards something better and improved but it’s a bit early to be crowing against other coaches lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are still 4/4 with beating three of the four worst teams in the comp. Obviously we are building towards something better and improved but it’s a bit early to be crowing against other coaches lol
Yeah but I’m not sure if he meant that, or was aimed at the posters. I agree, whilst nothing achieved, the future is def bright. Also I’m now of belief any wins as good as others, no matter who opposition. Knights win two in a row, against good opposition. Titans almost beat storm. No easy wins imo

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but I’m not sure if he meant that, or was aimed at the posters. I agree, whilst nothing achieved, the future is def bright. Also I’m now of belief any wins as good as others, no matter who opposition. Knights win two in a row, against good opposition. Titans almost beat storm. No easy wins imo
I think it’s a bit silly all weekend posters are necro old threads and pointing out posts from the off-season or early rounds. There’s nothing wrong even now on a 3 win streak discussing some things ciraldo can do better or things he is doing well. These threads are useless and cause division amongst our fans

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s a bit silly all weekend posters are necro old threads and pointing out posts from the off-season or early rounds. There’s nothing wrong even now on a 3 win streak discussing some things ciraldo can do better or things he is doing well. These threads are useless and cause division amongst our fans
Probably. I feel the game thread, pre, current and post is the only genuine footy threads. The others are primarily emotive based or just time fillers.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SJ was done and dusted at Sharks, DWZ and Montoya were very inconsistent, lost Walsh etc... but he instilled a toughness into the squad and got the best out of his players. So he's definitely not a shit coach.

I'm not comparing the 2, I'm just giving him more credit than what the OP has awarded him and believe he could've done well had he been our coach instead.
You make a fair point and certain players such as SJ improved last year under Webster. SJ and all the outside backs were playing behind one hell of pack which certainly helped their cause also.

I highly doubt that a rookie coach such as Webster would’ve seen us finish higher on the ladder last year considering all the dead wood we were carrying. Are we possibly seeing second year syndrome with Webster?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SJ was done and dusted at Sharks, DWZ and Montoya were very inconsistent, lost Walsh etc... but he instilled a toughness into the squad and got the best out of his players. So he's definitely not a shit coach.

I'm not comparing the 2, I'm just giving him more credit than what the OP has awarded him and believe he could've done well had he been our coach instead.
I might be jumping the gun with the Webster second year syndrome theory but it’s a possibility. In 2008 the Roosters finished 4th coached by Freddie in his rookie season. The following year they got the wooden spoon.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or did they over perform last year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
legit thought it was you for a second
Accounts X1
Association with this (scoob?) Guy X0

only Legit/orignal is Scoooby (myself) since 2018, this guy is since 2022 lol. Should be Made to change his name, only room here for 1 of us :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:!!