To all of you who wanted Hasler gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed. Just one thing though, we have a pretty decent starting pack. How the fuck do you get them up for a game? What has to happen for our forward pack to aim up and start ripping in?? Thought we would handle the roosters up front but our forwards wanting nothing to do with a tough physical game.
Klemmer has been poor. Dont rate Danny F or Elliott

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the worst I have seen this team play since 08. It was touch and go with des but I wouldve given him this yr to see if it worked with foran.
Really 36 - 0 v Manly and 38 - 0 (cant recall if we scored a try) v Penrith both games last year. It was boring with Des. We are in rebuilding phase. Des fucked this club and still is.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why couldn’t we just play the same way we finished the year with 3 straight wins

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why couldn’t we just play the same way we finished the year with 3 straight wins
Did we play the Storm and Roosters in those last three games? Maybe we are playing that way - it's the opposition that has changed......

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score
my message to all of you who wanted hasler gone ...

You were wrong !!!!
You're a moron at best & a Hasler sycophant at worst. If you can't realise that the mess he left behind is going to take a long, long time to rectify, then you should take a long walk off a short jetty...

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pay will be lucky to last the year! Gone from 2nd best defense to the worst. Must be all tea and biscuits at training, they look so unfit. Lichaa looks slow and heavy. The only forward busting a nut is Jackson.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tigers beat both sides..
They have had some kind of start. They have had more time since they excised their cancer (Taylor) than we have had since we excised ours (Des). They are further into the healing process

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
my message to all of you who wanted hasler gone ...

You were wrong !!!!
If Des was going to be replaced it should have been Cleary or Dymic. They sacked the 2nd most successful coach after Bellamy in the last 10 years. At least Des got stuck into the players for bad performances. Their defensive performance is the worst i have seen from the dogs. No intensity or urgency. They look unfit and Lichaa looks fat and slow. Missing James Graham's efforts badly. And my Grandmother would outrun Tolman and she is dead!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Des was going to be replaced it should have been Cleary or Dymic. They sacked the 2nd most successful coach after Bellamy in the last 10 years. At least Des got stuck into the players for bad performances. Their defensive performance is the worst i have seen from the dogs. No intensity or urgency. They look unfit and Lichaa looks fat and slow. Missing James Graham's efforts badly. And my Grandmother would outrun Tolman and she is dead!
I can only assume you have just immigrated to this country and it is your first week of watching footy. Des, good or bad, refused to drop anyone for poor performance. In fact one of the major reasons why our second grade is so poor is because every good young player we brought on board never got a shot at FG and moved on. We essentially have lost a generation of good players from the club and are now trying to re-develop that level so we can have options.

They are fitter and stronger than I have ever seen them, but the bottom line is that if you don't hang onto the ball you are going to be defending and eventually you will crack and with new combinations that will happen quicker than with established ones.

As for James Graham, well he's playing like he's 33 and while he is willing enough he isn't bending the line much nor offloading and still running sidewards. Same rubbish he did with us.

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is fucking Dessie’s side, a bunch of plodders. Even Craig Bellamy couldn’t fix this side. Des has screwed the dogs and it will take at least a couple of years to fix
That is a cop out. There are no excuses for their defensive efforts. Bellamy would fix the defense, along with several other coaches in the game. Taylor had screwed the Tigers last year and Cleary has them beating the 2 favourites of the comp this year through their defense.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay will be lucky to last the year! Gone from 2nd best defense to the worst. Must be all tea and biscuits at training, they look so unfit. Lichaa looks slow and heavy. The only forward busting a nut is Jackson.
Jacko has been pretty ordinary tbh

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can only assume you have just immigrated to this country and it is your first week of watching footy. Des, good or bad, refused to drop anyone for poor performance. In fact one of the major reasons why our second grade is so poor is because every good young player we brought on board never got a shot at FG and moved on. We essentially have lost a generation of good players from the club and are now trying to re-develop that level so we can have options.

They are fitter and stronger than I have ever seen them, but the bottom line is that if you don't hang onto the ball you are going to be defending and eventually you will crack and with new combinations that will happen quicker than with established ones.

As for James Graham, well he's playing like he's 33 and while he is willing enough he isn't bending the line much nor offloading and still running sidewards. Same rubbish he did with us.
I watch every game every week. How many do you watch? They are missing Graham in defense. Fitter and stronger? They are not as fit as the other sides. New Combinations? Explain the tigers efforts, they have more new players, with more new combinations than the dogs. It starts in defense. The players have said how "relaxing" training has been with Pay. Average player, average coach.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I really don't think anyone can argue that the defence has been fucking pathetic.
Commitment to defence almost non existing.

There are LOTS of other problems but they have to get defence sorted out now!

Very disappointing start to the season so far.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watch every game every week. How many do you watch? They are missing Graham in defense. Fitter and stronger? They are not as fit as the other sides. New Combinations? Explain the tigers efforts, they have more new players, with more new combinations than the dogs. It starts in defense. The players have said how "relaxing" training has been with Pay. Average player, average coach.
Not missing graham, the side that keeps getting exposed is our right side
Foran Jackson hoppa
Complete new combination, they will get better! Both games we got murdered that side not up the middle where graham defended
It's those 3 that have to gel, and hopefully fast

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching is not the same as understanding. My missus sits in front of the TV when the footy is on and wouldn't have a clue what it is. I've been going to Dogs games since the 60's. did you come over to Perth to actually support them or did you just sit in your cave and "watch"? Graham is ordinary and has been for a couple of years. Not his fault. He is just getting older.

Why do I have to explain the Tigers efforts? Couldn't care less about them. I only care about my team, but I will point out that Cleary has been a head coach for over 10 years and took over the Tigers in mid-2017 which gave him the chance to see who would respond to his methods on the field and who wouldn't. Pay hasn't had that opportunity yet.

So now you've decided he was an average player, despite 10 years of FG, Origin and International play. I guess that demonstrates just how poor your judgement is. He may well end up missing as a coach and if he does I'm sure you will be there to tell the world you were right. Me, I'm going to keep backing him until he has had a chance to get things in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.