Titans begin negotiations with Trent Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he signs with them good luck to him. He deserves to play in the nrl. I would prefer if he resigned a 1 yr extension with us but doubt it would happen as mbye is the future. If he does go I just hope the club finds a suitable half pairing for mbye.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he signs with them good luck to him. He deserves to play in the nrl. I would prefer if he resigned a 1 yr extension with us but doubt it would happen as mbye is the future. If he does go I just hope the club finds a suitable half pairing for mbye.
Mbye and Reynolds that's it end of discussion

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol look what NSW winning could do for him.

Scrap heap after game 1. Titans going guns blazing after game 2.
Bloody hell... the sky is the limit and and a blank cheque aftergame three? Or maybe just back to reality.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mybe is our future

I am really happy that Trent had a great game and hope he gets what ever he deserves, but not from us.

I hope GC pay overs...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other off contract players in the league must be scratching their heads and wondering how he does it...
He can thank our team for making him look better then what he is. Our forwards are pretty much our halfbacks so he doesnt need to do much work.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cumon guys, the Titans aren't going to offer a bloke a lucrative 3 year deal based on his performance from one game. Is it school holidays at the moment?

You know what you're getting with Hodkinson, he's not half as bad as people on here make him out to be. If he recovers from the surgery he'll be a hell of an acquisition for the Titans because his style will allow Elgey to shine. We're just lucky that we've got Mbye coming through whose cheaper, younger and offers much more potential for growth.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cumon guys, the Titans aren't going to offer a bloke a lucrative 3 year deal based on his performance from one game. Is it school holidays at the moment?

You know what you're getting with Hodkinson, he's not half as bad as people on here make him out to be. If he recovers from the surgery he'll be a hell of an acquisition for the Titans because his style will allow Elgey to shine. We're just lucky that we've got Mbye coming through whose cheaper, younger and offers much more potential for growth.
Your joking right ? He is clueless in attack ,he cant get repeat sets ,hes a very ordinary halfback ,we will score more than 12 points without him

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your joking right ? He is clueless in attack ,he cant get repeat sets ,hes a very ordinary halfback ,we will score more than 12 points without him
(yeah but) we nullified a team who have the best halfback in the world!

so how important ,really , is a kicking game to winning? from what I saw Hodko played smart and fast with steady hands and vision . His try assist ,particularly with Dugan, won us the game

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses Mbye is going to break all your hearts when he signs elsewhere.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans begin negotiations with Trent Hodkinson

Don't sell yourself short Trent... just sell yourself.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think many coaches would rather have a Hodko than a Sandow.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hodkinson may have fooled everyone again into giving him a richer, longer contract than he probably deserves by catching and passing and tackling in an Origin. It's amazing that a player who really shouldn't be there to begin with now will get a decent deal not because he played well in one game, but because he didn't play badly... Other off contract players in the league must be scratching their heads and wondering how he does it...

Anyway, as long as both sides move on as a result, I'm happy and as I said after Wednesday, his "virtuoso" performance is probably the best case scenario for him to secure a new deal elsewhere in the next few weeks.
true but the titans need a 7, i dont think dogs will give him a contract, i hope not, i want mbye as our guy but if hodko goes then i hope he finds his form, where ever he goes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And then there was 2

Maloney signs with Sharks, they aren't chasing Townsend, so that leaves Sandow or Hodko.

Sandow was sacked by them before, so unlikely to head there.

I'm thinking:

Hodko > Titans (alongside Elgey)
Townsend & Sandow > Manly as new halves pairing.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ummmm, DCE is staying at Manly Mr I, I reckon he'll probably be in the halves.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.