Social Media Tino Fa’asuamaleaui rumour

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s not happening and no contract was offered !

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
t
Given they previously denied us the opportunity to have Strathfield Car Radios sponsor us (only because that company had a deal with Optus instead of Telstra), it wouldn't surprise me.....
Fu@k I hate the NRLol.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah a fella my mate told me was spreading it to buzz thats how it went viral
Especially if he was told in confidence, and promised not to publish.

The classic line from the ABC Frontline series- "I want your word, as an Australian journalist, that you will not publish this".

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
t
Given they previously denied us the opportunity to have Strathfield Car Radios sponsor us (only because that company had a deal with Optus instead of Telstra), it wouldn't surprise me.....
I worked for Strathfield back then when that was happening, I was filthy when it got knocked back lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fu@k I hate the NRLol.
Just some context here.
It wasn’t simply ‘The NRL denied it’.
Telstra have it in their competition naming rights deal that they have exclusivity to be the telco partner of the NRL. To get that they have to pay more. So it’s kinda savvy of the NRL to extract more money from Telstra but yes, it possibly limits in some ways sponsorship opportunities from elsewhere. Just commercial reality.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus has said that no offer has been made to Tino. Laundy has said he has not made any offer to Tino. End of discussion.
Gould said the media has added 2 + 2 and gotten 5. You have to identify exactly what it is that Gould denies. He denies having ever spoken to Tino or his management. Go back to the article quoting Laundy and you see that all Laundy talks about is his idea for luring players to the Dogs using the investment opportunity. That article makes the claim that Tino was a target for this scheme, but there is no indication of this from what Laundy is quoted as saying. They do quote Tino's manager who says that "clubs have reached out to me about Tino".

So this is Gus' 2 + 2 = 5.

2 = Laundy is serious about his scheme, and wants to be able to use it to help the Dogs attract some top players. This is TRUE
2 = Tino was upset when Holbrook was punted, and is considering his options. This is TRUE
5 = The Dogs have put together a $4m offer including the pub deal and offered it to Tino. This is FALSE

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has said that no offer has been made to Tino. Laundy has said he has not made any offer to Tino. End of discussion.
..yet. But you can bet Tino and his manager will be considering options and whether it’s worth reaching out. Money talks.