Opinion Time to see what we’re Really made of ..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any win for me is good. They played well today but we fkn need the win
Im hoping they'll be flat after all the effort they put in this week... Also looks like the only thing they have is neat footy off the back of De Belin and strong edge play off Suli .Tighten up the middle and shut the right edge down and we are a chance.

Good thing is its the same thing as the last few weeks so boys should be well drilled for it.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I hope we beat Raider up at magic round. We haven’t won a magic round game ever.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Warriors have been playing good this year. Wouldn’t call them an easy win at this point in time.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Man it’s been a long time coming. Flanno is such a poor half that literaly anyone is a better option. Hope the kid has a good crack at first grade and develops into great fkn bulldog
temperyour expectation.
This will be tight

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
temperyour expectation.
This will be tight
What will be tight? I’m not expecting anything from KO other than he is better than Flanno. I would rather he get as many games into him this year. He has the skills, he just needs to put the work in

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What will be tight? I’m not expecting anything from KO other than he is better than Flanno. I would rather he get as many games into him this year. He has the skills, he just needs to put the work in
As in the game will be a tight one. You said we will smash the saints..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ravalawa always has a blinder against us and I’m expecting nothing different against our weakened left outside backs. We will struggle to beat St Merge.
Based on their peformance yesterday, even though they lost, the Dragons are another class above us. They're playing at home, and will be determined to wipe yesterday's game away with a big win against the depleted Dogs.

Could be a big score against us, especially down the wings where they have the size and power, and we have.......nothing.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As in the game will be a tight one. You said we will smash the saints..
Yeah your on the mark, we won’t be smashing the Saints, we go into another tough game here, I don’t care if it’s by a point, I just hope we can come away with the win.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on their peformance yesterday, even though they lost, the Dragons are another class above us. They're playing at home, and will be determined to wipe yesterday's game away with a big win against the depleted Dogs.

Could be a big score against us, especially down the wings where they have the size and power, and we have.......nothing.
Yes exactly. There isn’t much between the 2 sides at full strength but we are still missing JAC , Kiraz, Thompson, Kikau, Patolo , Pele and Brown out of our top 17.

Plus we have 3 or 4 others from our top 30 out. I think Saints have only 1 or 2 injuries so there is a big difference there

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes exactly. There isn’t much between the 2 sides at full strength but we are still missing JAC , Kiraz, Thompson, Kikau, Patolo , Pele and Brown out of our top 17.

Plus we have 3 or 4 others from our top 30 out. I think Saints have only 1 or 2 injuries so there is a big difference there
Injuries as at this morning, 8 Versus 7;

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Fa'amanu Brown (elbow, Round 9)
Jacob Kiraz (knee, Round 11-12)
Chris Patolo (knee, Round 12)
Franklin Pele (arm, Round 14)
Josh Addo-Carr (ankle, Round 15)
Luke Thompson (foot, Round 16)
Bailey Biondi-Odo (knee, Round 21)
Viliame Kikau (pectoral, Round 22)

St George Illawarra Dragons
Tautau Moga (shoulder, TBC)
Francis Molo (suspended, Round 10)
Mikaele Ravalawa (hamstring, Round 11)
Alec Tuitavake (knee, Round 11)
Jaydn Su'A (shoulder, Round 12)
Tyrell Fuimaono (hip, indefinite)
Cody Ramsey (illness, season)

Always a Bulldogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Unfortunately we start to get our middles back just at the end of this run and they will be short of bit of fitness. Once we have a forward pack again anything is possible. Hard to do anything off the backfoot.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

5 day turnaround make a big difference though. Forwards will start to fade at some point. Just need to have our A game on.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No game is easy these days and you only have to be off by about 10% and you get rolled.

A pass mark would be to win 2 out of the 4. A good result would be to win 3 and an exceptional result would be to win all 4.

Win only 1 and that would realistically be a fail, and win none would mean we will be wooden spooners by Round 15.

Not all games will be played in the same way or conditions. We need to be smart, well prepared and adaptive. Otherwise..... See ya later.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enough of the losing, we’re sitting second last on the ladder and if we’re any hope of finishing even close to the 8, that needs to change this week.

Our next 4 games we play ..

St Merge - Away
Raiders. - Home
Warriors - Home
Titans - Home

3 home games in a row, 8 points up for grabs, and 2 from the bye, these 10 points get us back into contention and with players coming back we can still finish in a respectable place on the ladder, maybe even still take 8th spot.

The opposition are going to want the points just as much as we do, the difference is going to come down to who has the heart, mongrel, and sheer want to earn them.

Head to head against 4 teams that aren’t overly in form or ridiculously stacked with representative players, and 3 of those games at home, personally I feel any less than 4 wins over the next 4 weeks is a fail.

Do we see what Ciraldo is really made of over these next weeks, should he stick with last weeks positional changes, can he get them up for it with some true grit and a no excuses nothing but winning is acceptable mentality.

Few things I feel need to change ..

Perham …. tell him to stop pausing summing up who’s in front of him then trying to twinkle toes his way into a gap, attack the F***** ball hard, pick the gaps and smaller blokes out, then run hard and straight into them, 100% better chance of breaking the line and maybe scoring long range try’s.

Averillo … get some help around him in defence, the opposition have worked him out, yes he’s fast and skilful, but he’s not a powerful player and he’s not good with strong contact, if they run hard and out muscle him chances are they run over the top of him, those around him should know this and get around him and help him out more.

If we’re going to have Reynolds on the bench give him more game time, right now the team needs experience and leadership and he should have that in spades, tell him to calm tf down straighten the attack and lead by example, if he’s not fit enough for that what good is he.

Alamotti, … we’ve seen him churn out close on 200 running metres in a few games, he’s churned out 1/2 that last few games, if he’s the superstar everyone is saying he is he needs to lift and get himself involved in the game more, show us what you’ve got.

Get more body’s in motion around King & TPJ, these guys have great offloads, it takes 4 players to stop them, have 2 to 3 runners go with them each hit up because there’s going to be gaps, offload and exploit them, these guys running one out is a waste of their full talents.

They’re all supposedly professional athletes playing 1st grade in the NRL, if they can’t hang onto the ball, rip them a new one and tell them you’ll find someone who can, massive penalties at training for anyone who drops a ball or gives away dumb penalties over the next 4 weeks !!!

Lastly after a pre season and 9 rounds they should be more confidently promoting the ball, and I don’t mean this side to side BS, I mean straighten the attack down the middle first and then get it out to the edges, the hardest thing to defend against is a moving football, straighten the attack & put it through the hands.

We see a brand new team like the Dolphins come together quickly and sitting in 7th place, and we see them come back from a deficit of 26-0 to win, it just rubs the losing in even more, yes we have a hundred excuses, but a big part of rugby league is having the heart and tenacity to over come excuses and win anyway, next 4 weeks I’m hoping to see a lot of sheer will, determination, and a nothing but winning is acceptable attitude.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
The way we are playing I don’t see us winning any of these.just too many injuries.another long season.