Tigers want a new stadium in Liverpool

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No to Liverpool. Having to share a "home ground" is a dud idea.

Save the money and upgrade Belmore. 20,000 stadium is a dud, Belmore at capacity is 17,000.

The immigration policies are insane from the Labor government. 20,000 people every year coming to South West Sydney. It's a "housing crisis" but we're adding 20,000 migrants lmao. How can you take these clowns in government seriously?
In NSW import 200,000 more Labor voters every year, sounds pretty smart to me.
Australia wide 750,000 more labour voters every year, even smarter.

Minns is a lifelong St George supporter, saved by the Tigers from a wooden spoon, does anyone really think he is going to give the Tigers a leg up.

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In NSW import 200,000 more Labor voters every year, sounds pretty smart to me.
Australia wide 750,000 more labour voters every year, even smarter.

Minns is a lifelong St George supporter, saved by the Tigers from a wooden spoon, does anyone really think he is going to give the Tigers a leg up.

Always a Bulldog
Minns is a doggies supporter

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s faking it.
When he supports and approves something, anything, for us then I’ll believe it.

Always a Bulldog
He’s a doggies supporter and there’s multiple doggies supporters that’s he’s brought onboard actually. Why the hell would he support something (a stadium) that doesn’t align with his campaign?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it’s the clubs land than they shouldn’t allow it to happen and it’s that’s simple, if something is built it should be for us.

Tigers got two stadiums and a centre of excellence and that’s more than most clubs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers will have to fund it entirely by putting the club into debt. Maybe they can sell assets, like the club at Ashfield.

Football stadiums are way down the list of important projects for state government grants; and the Bunnies want an upgrade to Redfern Oval as their home ground, so the PM would rather be handing federal money to his own favourite team.

BTW, Premier Minns is a Bulldogs supporter. If money is available at some stage, I hope that the club approaches him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it’s time the dogs push now for us to either

1. upgrade belmore somehow
2. Build a new home ground in Liverpool

seriously everyone has home grounds and we have Jack shit
As long as we can find the money. That would require the Leagues club borrowing or selling off assets.
It also requires the council to approve the development, which would include taking some of the adjoining land for parking.

We could make use of the new metro, by sponsoring Belmore signage at the station - "Belmore. Home of the Bulldogs".

Government funding is not going to be likely while the economy is tight. Penrith failed to get the funding they were after.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This posted on Tiges fan site:

"That site around the Whitlam centre would be an absolute nightmare. Anyone that has to drive through Liverpool would know what a nightmare it is to drive through Liverpool as there is really no practical bypass to get through the shithole.

Imagine adding a 20,000 seat stadium into the mix along with their proposed 3,000 apartments right on that one and only route that passes through Liverpool and it would make getting out of Leichhardt Oval on game day look like a walk in the park.

So we would have a dedicated one home ground at Liverpool, do we then still train and have a Centre of Excellence at Concord and then what about all the talk about the Centre of Excellence that was proposed for Campbelltown.

For God's sake if you are going to do something in the South West just do it at Campbelltown where you at least have easy access from the M5 and a railway station right along side there at Leumeah.

I know it's not ideal for everyone but it is still so much better than doing something in the middle of Liverpool."

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
they probably will since everyone feels sorry for them.
What's wrong with them using Parra's new stadium? It's not like the Eels own it.

Liverpool is very problematic. The traffic there is shyte (just like Belmore). That in itself presents a problem.

Look there is no where in Sydney you can build a new stadium that won't be problematic for people driving there (because people are stupid and refuse to use public transport) so it's best to leave everything as it. Renovate existing stadiums and that's it.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore as a location is awesome, you get a real feel of being in Bulldogs territory. BSG it self is a terrible stadium and needs to be rebuilt though. Not sure that is an option
I don’t get why we don’t shift the whole grandstand towards the car park and eat into the park land there and add a further grand stand to the hill. You could easily get 20,000-25,000 capacity

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look there is no where in Sydney you can build a new stadium that won't be problematic for people driving there (because people are stupid and refuse to use public transport) so it's best to leave everything as it. Renovate existing stadiums and that's it.
I don't think its so much that people are stupid, its more so how shit the public transport system is.

Look at what happened during the women world cup when the two guys broke something or every other occassion when something goes wrong and people are left strandard for hours on end.

Renovating Belmore would be the most likely solution, parking still is the problem though.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think its so much that people are stupid, its more so how shit the public transport system is.

Look at what happened during the women world cup when the two guys broke something or every other occassion when something goes wrong and people are left strandard for hours on end.

Renovating Belmore would be the most likely solution, parking still is the problem though.
Yeah but what if we ate into the terry lamb reserve and move the whole stadium that way. Add a three level Car park similar to parramatta stadium and add grandstands either side

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless building away from where people work and live traffic will be problem or will become a problem. Liverpool has the advantage of public transport hub and access from M5 (east n south), Cumberland Highway(north) and the Dogs own the land

Belmore would be a lot better (not ideal, not perfect) with elevated / tiered seating behind the goalposts at both ends and on the hill side. IMHO sitting on the hill is just not comfortable enough for the 21st century spectator - but im old!

The tiered seating that is at Kogarah and the Redcliff stadium would make a lot of difference - around 15000 capacity, close to the field, good atmosphere.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The airspace above the railways line is till for sale, make a great car park for games. The rest of the time would make good parking for commuters for the train station @Doogie

Always a Bulldog

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The airspace above the railways line is till for sale, make a great car park for games. The rest of the time would make good parking for commuters for the train station @Doogie

Always a Bulldog
Nah I'd prefer nothing obstruct the view of the trains going past - that's iconic.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah I'd prefer nothing obstruct the view of the trains going past - that's iconic.
It's not a real Belmore train if it's not red rattler.

The metro is supposed to be open before the season starts next year.

Always a Bulldog