Tigers interested in Josh Reynolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wests Tigers open talks with off-contract Bulldog Josh Reynolds to replace Mitchell Moses

Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
April 10, 2017 6:05pm

BELOVED Bulldog Josh Reynolds has emerged on a Wests Tigers hit-list as a potential replacement for Parramatta-bound Mitchell Moses.

In a move that will send shockwaves through Canterbury’s heartland, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Tigers have initiated talks with Reynolds’ management and those discussions will advance this week.

Off-contract St George Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop is the other playmaker high up on Ivan Cleary’s radar as a possible halves partner for Luke Brooks in 2018.

The Tigers are also adamant they are still in the fight to keep skipper Aaron Woods and star fullback James Tedesco, despite reports suggesting both players will follow Moses out the door next year.

Cleary earned instant respect among the playing group for the subtle way he went about getting the team ready for their upset victory over North Queensland last weekend.

That has led to new hope within the club that Cleary’s calming influence could ultimately sway Woods and Tedesco to stay and help lead the club into a brighter future.

But with Moses expected to be granted his request for a release in the coming weeks to join the Eels, the Tigers can’t afford to waste time finding an alternative five-eighth replacement.

It is understood Cleary has a high opinion of Reynolds and Widdop, and sees them both as a good fit to play alongside Brooks, who last week recommitted his future to the Tigers.

A local Canterbury junior, 27-year-old Reynolds has played his entire career at the Bulldogs but is yet to be offered a new deal, with the Bulldogs linked to Cooper Cronk and Kieran Foran.

Widdop has been in career-best form this year but is struggling to come to an agreement with the Dragons.

There is no question St George Illawarra wants to keep their skipper and have made him a substantial offer, but it still falls short of what the 28-year-old Englishman is currently earning.

While the Tigers’ priority is to do everything possible to keep Woods and Tedesco, if that falls over they have a number of options they are looking at.

Potential fullback replacements mentioned include Josh Dugan and Will Hopoate, while Russell Packer and Ben Matulino are front-rowers in discussion.

Packer is the only forward in the Dragons’ pack still not signed for next year and previously played under Cleary at the Warriors, as did Matulino who is also off contract at the Warriors.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wests Tigers open talks with off-contract Bulldog Josh Reynolds to replace Mitchell Moses

Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
April 10, 2017 6:05pm

BELOVED Bulldog Josh Reynolds has emerged on a Wests Tigers hit-list as a potential replacement for Parramatta-bound Mitchell Moses.

In a move that will send shockwaves through Canterbury’s heartland, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Tigers have initiated talks with Reynolds’ management and those discussions will advance this week.

Off-contract St George Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop is the other playmaker high up on Ivan Cleary’s radar as a possible halves partner for Luke Brooks in 2018.

The Tigers are also adamant they are still in the fight to keep skipper Aaron Woods and star fullback James Tedesco, despite reports suggesting both players will follow Moses out the door next year.

Cleary earned instant respect among the playing group for the subtle way he went about getting the team ready for their upset victory over North Queensland last weekend.

That has led to new hope within the club that Cleary’s calming influence could ultimately sway Woods and Tedesco to stay and help lead the club into a brighter future.

But with Moses expected to be granted his request for a release in the coming weeks to join the Eels, the Tigers can’t afford to waste time finding an alternative five-eighth replacement.

It is understood Cleary has a high opinion of Reynolds and Widdop, and sees them both as a good fit to play alongside Brooks, who last week recommitted his future to the Tigers.

A local Canterbury junior, 27-year-old Reynolds has played his entire career at the Bulldogs but is yet to be offered a new deal, with the Bulldogs linked to Cooper Cronk and Kieran Foran.

Widdop has been in career-best form this year but is struggling to come to an agreement with the Dragons.

There is no question St George Illawarra wants to keep their skipper and have made him a substantial offer, but it still falls short of what the 28-year-old Englishman is currently earning.

While the Tigers’ priority is to do everything possible to keep Woods and Tedesco, if that falls over they have a number of options they are looking at.

Potential fullback replacements mentioned include Josh Dugan and Will Hopoate, while Russell Packer and Ben Matulino are front-rowers in discussion.

Packer is the only forward in the Dragons’ pack still not signed for next year and previously played under Cleary at the Warriors, as did Matulino who is also off contract at the Warriors.
I made a thread in rumours.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 800k was just his managers first offer. No one ever accepts the first offer. Negotiations and contacts usually take a few weeks/months to sort out. At the end of the day he is a 450-550k player. Sad thing is Mumbai has showed less then him this year and will be earning a whole lot more until 2020.

It has been poor cap and team management by Hasler and castles. It's as simple as that.

With the spine we have we should have cash in the bank, not have half a dozen players heavily backwnded and needing to clear the decks to sign anyone.

Yet the boards foresight they reward Hasler and castles extended deals....

Let see what comes in the next few weeks and months because it will be interesting what shape the team takes for 2018 and beyond.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Josh would be a great fit for them though i hope he stays with us

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is a love hate character. I don't know his position, but I'd want him somewhere in the squad. Not at 800k or 6... maybe lock? Centre? He came onto the scene as a hooker but I can't remember how his service is. His passing looks like shit, something like under 9s passing. If you do have him at hooker, you'd end up with a seggy/Isaac Luke hooker, real attacking one. Des doesn't want that. He is too small to be at lock. I don't know how he'll go at centre.

I want him there because he does lift the team but he cannot be relied on in such a important position at 6.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers returning serve.. but its 40-15 and 2 sets to Nil, our way

Bulldogs serving for the match

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
\
Reynolds is a love hate character. I don't know his position, but I'd want him somewhere in the squad. Not at 800k or 6... maybe lock? Centre? He came onto the scene as a hooker but I can't remember how his service is. His passing looks like shit, something like under 9s passing. If you do have him at hooker, you'd end up with a seggy/Isaac Luke hooker, real attacking one. Des doesn't want that. He is too small to be at lock. I don't know how he'll go at centre.

I want him there because he does lift the team but he cannot be relied on in such a important position at 6.
Most centres would demolish him, can you imagine Solomone Kata running at him. Josh Jackson plays on his side for a reason lol, he can't really tackle. Even when he does get good up front contact the player he is tackling still makes 10-15m with him on them.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another reason we all hate Des. Re-signs MBye who has done nothing for over 700k and now Reynolds wants the same! It's only natural.
Spot on if your work mate is getting paid more than you and you know your better than him and you are getting paid less wouldn't you ask for more money.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This club has dug itself a massive hole for signing Mbye on overs.

- he has not delivered
- we don't know where to play him, but have to play him or look like dickheads for paying him big $$$
- it fucks up our entire recruitment as we are not sure if we should be targeting a 6 or 7 in the market.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This club has dug itself a massive hole for signing Mbye on overs.

- he has not delivered
- we don't know where to play him, but have to play him or look like dickheads for paying him big $$$
- it fucks up our entire recruitment as we are not sure if we should be targeting a 6 or 7 in the market.
This is all true.. IMO JR has shown alot better form than Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.