Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just the way footy is these days. Tonnes of players leave before their contracts are up.. Cotric doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to. He'll still be a starter if he stays.
Still I feel we would be up the top of the scale of clubs who have tapped on contract players the last 5 years

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Would there be a slight chance we might go for ponga donga for FB and op for the headgear spine ? Out of all the club's it would be Us ,Panthers if they wanted him dropping edwards , Dolphins or he stays put at knights not many good teams he could go to

Maybe Avo could play centre Naden Wing for now

When alamoti comes in at centre then avo or naden for right wing

Or even Schouup could play wing with Alamoti
And Avo or Naden play left centre

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would there be a slight chance we might go for ponga donga for FB and op for the headgear spine ? Out of all the club's it would be Us ,Panthers if they wanted him dropping edwards , Dolphins or he stays put at knights not many good teams he could go to

Maybe Avo could play centre Naden Wing for now

When alamoti comes in at centre then avo or naden for right wing

Or even Schouup could play wing with Alamoti
And Avo or Naden play left centre
Dolphins would deadset make Ponga the richest **** in the NRL if he was available. They need a win in the recruitment dept and will go all out for a genuine star like Ponga.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has been doing some nice stealth deals of late, i would be surprised if there is not more to this than just him leaving, even though his contract is ridiculous

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem used to tip toe sideways, and quite often was dragged. Let's see you call him a cat also
We needed him for goal kicking can’t go dissing haz. Cotric what does he offer sir? Nutter zilch f all waste of cap space if you ask me no way he’s worth that much.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still I feel we would be up the top of the scale of clubs who have tapped on contract players the last 5 years
Yeah for sure. He has more to offer than Woods, Klemmer etc and has his best footy ahead of him. But the minute we signed Fox and then later Naden I knew his days were numbered. You can't spend up to $1.2 million of your cap on two wingers.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With quotes from Sheens confirming talks with Cotric and all the smoke about him being on the move for several months now, it looks like it's only a matter of time til he's released from his contract. The only question is how much of his deal another club will pay..
We'd want to be covering no more than $50k.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our backline is better with Cotric in it. End of story. Yes he is on slightly too much, but we are a better team with him than without him.

It would also suck from the point of view that we want players to feel like they can buy into the team. Moving players on this way, even if expedient from a cap space point of view, leaves a bad taste in the mouth.