Thoughts on the Jackson lifting tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Someone explain why Origin doesnt count?? Im sure it has in the past.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs back rower Josh Jackson (Grade 2 – Dangerous Throw) and lock forward Greg Eastwood (Grade 1 – Dangerous Throw) have today been charged with a that occurred during the 24-12 win over the Panthers on Saturday night.

Jackson and Eastwood were involved in a tackle in the 21st minute of play on Panthers five-eighth Jamie Soward.

Jackson’s charge carries 325 points (plus 20% for prior non-similar offence (totals390 points)) but if he accepts the early guilty plea, the Mudgee junior will miss two matches (292 points). A State of Origin match will not count towards his suspension.

Eastwood will escape suspension with a Grade 1 carrying a total 125 points (93 for early guilty plea)

Jackson & Eastwood have until 12 noon tomorrow (Tuesday) to enter their plea.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if he's selected, does that mean Daley can pick him knowing he can't play, and then pick another player? or Does NSW have to play with one man down?

If he can pick him knowing he can't play and then picks someone else to fill in, can't Daley pick all the NSW players currently serving a suspension, so it counts towards their punishment and then picks the same squad he was initially going to pick anyway?

if that makes sense to anyone.....

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
eastwood being guilty will give jackson a chance as its basically the prosecution admitting that eastwood played a significant role in the tackle ending how it did

still think he'll lose and would rather the early guilty plea but stranger things have happened, he is a chance

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if he's selected, does that mean Daley can pick him knowing he can't play, and then pick another player? or Does NSW have to play with one man down?

If he can pick him knowing he can't play and then picks someone else to fill in, can't Daley pick all the NSW players currently serving a suspension, so it counts towards their punishment and then picks the same squad he was initially going to pick anyway?

if that makes sense to anyone.....
If he pleads guilty or fights and loses he is unavailable to be selected, no way around it!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We need Eastwood to fight it and either get off, or get suspended.

I say this because I'd much rather him go into the tail end of the season with little to no carryovers, than with any incident (regardless how small), taking him out for a game (that might be crucial).

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Charge sheet if anyone interested.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone see the tackle that just happened in the dragons and Roosters game... It was worse than Jackson's.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did notice that a Penrith player also had hold of Soward in that tackle and seamed to contribute to the flipping over .

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackons punishment is probably about right. It was not a good look, but this place has immense bias.

People complain in here like its a conspiracy, absolutely delusional.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also will Panthers cop a fine for Soward being "knocked out" and "lying dead" on the floor but not taken off for a concussion test?
That is a very valid arguement.

But as far as the Josh Jackson issue is concerned IMO the Bulldogs must do two things:

1) Appeal against the grading of the charge

2) Do plenty of homework on how they will fight it at the judicial hearing

From what I can remember Josh's tackle looked "dangerous" after Eastwood became involved.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has probably been said but I reckon Jackson should have got three for that tackle on soward.

We're talking about Daily M points right?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Soward was still sooking after the game in his interview...the guy is a parasite and would have been chewed up and spat out back in the day....but todays politically correct, limp wristed rules play right in to his panties
Give him 5 minutes with les boyd

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like lane is going to start this week

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they try and charge the panthers for Jamie being knocked out he would probably come out and say that he put it on. Might expose him.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed soward's audition for days of our lives, both parts.

I hope you boys on social media are ****ing his life over atm, I certainly would be if I was on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.