Thoughts on maybe getting Toovey as the new Bulldogs coach for 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca24

Waterboy
Reaction score
What is our club addiction to manly. everyone we ever got from Manly was a failure.
Des Hasler - failure
Noel Cleal failure
Tony Williams - Failure
Kane Cleal - Failure
Will Hopoate - Failure

When will our club ever learn

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Geoff Toovey start this thread?
Simple short answer... NO
Or for the Gus Gould fans No No No No No No No No!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks to Toovey. The guy can't even blink properly. Has had about 100 too many concussions in my opinion.
I know Toovey and his ex wife and i can tell anyone who wants to listen he is an entertaining guy but has a very bad past and im not sure too much has changed.
I went to a function with him at the races last year along with Big Kas and T-Rex (Williams was such a mild mannered guy it is no surprise he can't play footy anymore), but Toovey was off his head all day but as i say, entertaining.
I would hate to see him as Canterbury coach, especially straight after Hasler, the place will need someone who can try to fix the bloody mess he is leaving us with and Toovey is definitely not that guy.
Toovey would be a great SOO coach i reckon but not for us at Belmore thank you.
My choice would be to go for Michael Hagan big time and perhaps Pay as assistant or Hagan as coaching director with Pay as coach.
Hasler just has to be gone!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although a former bulldog is probably what we do need i think a young coach with plenty of ideas and willing to try new things and experiment with the playing roster and style is what we need. It worked wonders with the chooks and now its working wonders with manly....worth a shot

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hagan oversees the football department. I don't think he wants to coach but he is a very valuable worker and will make improvements to juniors and firsts. And he's a Bulldog. And he comes from a winning culture in Queensland - the most winning culture of our generation.

Reactions: DT

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks and this is despite me feeling he was unlucky the be sacked from Manly. Don't feel it is the right plan.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geoff Toovey as Bulldogs coach? No, not a real good idea.

But there's always room for compromise. Tooves would make a great Public Relations Officer. He is just the man to bring the Bulldogs, the NRL and the Referees Association together in harmonious agreement. Especially when there is need for an investigation.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
please stop bringing manly's trash to our club enough .

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
kevin moore was a good assistant some coaches can make the jump look at steve price ordinary at nrl level but a better assistant. same as moore maybe as a assistant around the club cause we have all these high tech titled coaches sprint, sport scientist, mind crap, and we are slow cant attack and attitude is terrible

love to see folkes come back in a conditioning role with grimaldi that is his specialty was popular when he was at the tigers briefly
but we need some bulldog back in the coaches seat and dean pay would be the man

the club needs a to employ coaching director- general manager to oversea the football department deal with the admin and let the coach Coach until dean pay has proven him self if that was the way the club went moving forward

i see this model used at penrith and manly with bozo helping out barret and just another set of ears and vauled opinion could work for us for a few years
cause handing the whole operation over to hasler hasnt worked to pig headed and stubbon to fix anything. im sure bellemy and even skeletor bennett have people they ask for opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.