Thompson out for season

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if that's the case then you'd have to think Gus would have someone to fill that spot..we're already thin up front.
Yeh I hope so. I know Thommo could not avoid the injury and it’s impact. Nothing but bad luck for him, but such is the risk playing NRL. Good luck for his future. Even if he gets back with a few rounds to go, he will need to play a few matches to recoup fitness. Unlikely to be ready in time.
We have 3 players (arguably more?) in our top 30 offering little or no value. Josh R, Flanno and Thommo. Consumes significant cap $, which Gus definitely needs to solve by 2024 season.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh I hope so. I know Thommo could not avoid the injury and it’s impact. Nothing but bad luck for him, but such is the risk playing NRL. Good luck for his future. Even if he gets back with a few rounds to go, he will need to play a few matches to recoup fitness. Unlikely to be ready in time.
We have 3 players (arguably more?) in our top 30 offering little or no value. Josh R, Flanno and Thommo. Consumes significant cap $, which Gus definitely needs to solve by 2024 season.
Farken oath he needs to fix it.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As someone who's had serious knee injury lately and is still recovering from it 2 months later, I can't be too harsh on injured players who want to play but can't get healthy.

Obviously he'd want to be out there. I empathise with him but there's no doubt he'll be at another club next year, probably in the ESL.

It wasn't a great signing, it hasn't worked out for him or the club but I wish him the best in the future. No point kicking a man while he's down.
Same, last week ACL rupture, Meniscus tear and fractured tibia.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same, last week ACL rupture, Meniscus tear and fractured tibia.
Fuck sorry to hear man. I had a complete tear of the MCL and Meniscus and superficial ACL tear.. They said I didn't need surgery, so had 6 weeks in the brace. Will be 3 months total til I can run properly..

I hope your recovery and rehab goes well. All we can do is do the rehab as often as possible. Even if it has been brutal physically and mentally. Hang in there bro..

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad but seriously if he doesn’t offer to stay for peanuts he’s just milked us.

While I will never question his desire or effort he is on the level of Dorothy and Foran as woeful signings for us.
Wasn't it Mason and Ogres fault he suffered his lafransic?? foot injury.
I think it's time for Mase to seek greener pastures too.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same player which went back to England mid season because he missed his girlfriend?

He probably reaggravated his injury carrying his paycheck to the bank.

The next James Graham they said.
He went back to England because his mother was extremely sick as per the reports

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same player which went back to England mid season because he missed his girlfriend?

No not even close. His girlfriend is here with him.
Nothings shits me more than fans going off without knowing the facts.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had potential, drove over a black cat in his Ferrari.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't get over the level of shit people are putting on this bloke. Has been an absolute dud for us, no doubt, but what the fuck is he meant to do about an injury? You realise he has to be cleared by medical professionals to play, right?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has confirmed he’s unlikely to come back this season. Shocking luck.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some players become injury prone. He's unfortunately one of them. Might be better for the club to part ways. He's no good to us, continually injured.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some players become injury prone. He's unfortunately one of them. Might be better for the club to part ways. He's no good to us, continually injured.
We copped a decade worth of bad luck injuries

Thommo , Foz and Kikau to name a few high paid recruits

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wake up to yourself. That was Solomon Haumono 30 years ago. I’d love to see what you’d do regarding your job if your mum became extremely ill. Tough guy, you don’t bag a bloke for putting his family first

Last edited: