News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are people so worked up?

He came with high promise and fairly quickly it was evident he was great in the ESL but fairly average in the NRL

It's no big loss if he goes to roosters, he's not what we need, so why work yourselves up over an average prop?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He came with high promise and fairly quickly it was evident he was great in the ESL but fairly average in the NRL

It's no big loss if he goes to roosters, he's not what we need, so why work yourselves up over an average prop?
Exactly this. He isn’t anything more than a squad player at NRL level.

He won the lotto when he signed with us at a desperate stage. He has been payed 3 times his worth.

If he was to stay. It would be a minimum wage deal for me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Average is a massive over-exaggeration

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Average is a massive over-exaggeration
Well yeh but I'm not fussed with him, glad he's gone

I'm more upset at TPJ, **** never pulled his finger out, doesn't realise what he's blessed with. But again he's also no longer our problem

I don't get why people are getting worked up over us losing problem players who were on far too much coin

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
When is someone in the Nrlol going to grow some balls and ask the question ?

How the F*** do the Roosters keep adding players to their squad without losing anyone !

It’s gotten beyond the joke !
You don't think Cricton will be released immediately to play Rugby? He has had a few headknocks. Tahs and Roosters work closely together. It will be worked out, cause that cross over from League to Union is hard.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well yeh but I'm not fussed with him, glad he's gone

I'm more upset at TPJ, **** never pulled his finger out, doesn't realise what he's blessed with. But again he's also no longer our problem

I don't get why people are getting worked up over us losing problem players who were on far too much coin
This is a actually a good point, at least the weak pom had an "excuse" with his "injuries", what was the other bitches excuse?

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Article says he can replace Crichton in 25. Presumably he signs for 25. Meaning he is free next year.
I think we should sign him for 500k next year and then year after he can go to roosters for 300k.
You are the biggest flog.

I told you Thompson was long gone and told he won't be resigned back in May...

Now you say offer him 500k.

Nasheed , you have deadset NFI , your a petty poster...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Do you like paying $21,000 for a $7,000 car?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you like paying $21,000 for a $7,000 car?
And? So what? He's not our problem anymore.

Even if we were to sign him to a more reasonable deal, he takes a spot in our top 30, probably demanding a starting spot. Been there, done that, we don't need him there, would rather look for another forward who's going to provide better impact for our team instead of being stuck with Thompson for minimum 2 more years