News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last time bloke was in here going off at @Nate DAWG and Samoans and Gus the foot doctor lol
Yeah that was a bit over the top lol **** must have been on those warm English beers lol. I reckon @Actros is either Thommo himself or a family member. Good on him for supporting Thommo but no fan can be happy with how this signing panned out

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't care if he stays or goes, the fact of the matter is that his salary didn't match his output

I blame Lynne Anderson and her chronies for being so irresponsible with the money offered
And it could have just as easily went the other way and you would have been singing him praises. Yes the Andersons took a gamble and lost, but they weren't the only ones.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And it could have just as easily went the other way and you would have been singing him praises. Yes the Andersons took a gamble and lost, but they weren't the only ones.
Yep, same with Cotric. In those dark days emerging from the salary cap disaster that Dib and his out of depth but PC CEO created the dice had to be rolled to attract some signatures. A pity that neither of these two worked out, that’s all. Whatever happens to Thommo I wish him well, very ordinary but not surprising there’s grubs on here wishing him injury etc.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Roosters just released Crichton immediately after the season to play Rugby. He isn't in the best of shape.
Be dry possible they release him and Thommo is the replace man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is someone in the Nrlol going to grow some balls and ask the question ?

How the F*** do the Roosters keep adding players to their squad without losing anyone !

It’s gotten beyond the joke !

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
When is someone in the Nrlol going to grow some balls and ask the question ?

How the F*** do the Roosters keep adding players to their squad without losing anyone !

It’s gotten beyond the joke !
You don't think Cricton will be released immediately to play Rugby? He has had a few headknocks. Tahs and Roosters work closely together. It will be worked out, cause that cross over from League to Union is hard.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be taking a pay cut to repay the bulldogs…

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all still paper talk at the moment. Thommo's had a dog of a time but the footy he's shown is worth about $450k in the NRL IMO. If a club wants to pay over that good on them, but I hope it's not us. I think he's a pretty good bloke BTW - never heard him say a bad word about anyone and copped plenty himself.