News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why people would wish bad on anyone. Thompson was paid good money, that's not his fault he was offered a contract and like any one of us here would have jumped at the opportunity. Suspensions and injury played a big part in an uninspiring tenure at the Dogs. It's just the way the cards fell unfortunately. Player movement keeps the competition dynamic and interesting, so leave the players to do what's best for them.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't care if he stays or goes, the fact of the matter is that his salary didn't match his output

I blame Lynne Anderson and her chronies for being so irresponsible with the money offered

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just thought I'd reminisce, I just tried to you tube Luke Thompson bulldogs highlight for the last 4 years and it came up '' no video exists '' That be right!!!!!
Only highlights were of a Irish rugby player by the same name playing currie cup in South Africa and he looked to have more talent than the pretender we signed......

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get the personal attacks against Thompson yes he has badly failed to deliver and been extremely poor value for money but the fact the previous administration were stupid enough to throw big $ at an unproven nrl player is hardly his fault.
Time to move on thou can’t see any reason to justify his resigning even at a reduced price.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why would you tag him in a thread where deadshits are saying they hope his mate does his ACL lol
I reckon he has seen it all before. Don't you :grinning:
We've discussed it all on here already in other threads and @Actros very aware of some of the posters on TK's sentiment.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your right, it’s just media bullshit, Tommo has never said such a thing, obviously where ever he ends up he will be earning less, when he signed with us he was riding the crest of a wave, now he’s at the bottom of the ocean, there are some short sighted horrible bastards on here !
So when is he holding the press conference to refute what weidler has printed?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Made of glass.
If he goes to the Roosters and they get more than 10 games a season out of him I will fall off my stool.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another player willing to take a pay cut to play at Roosters. What extra Curricular activities occur at the Roosters, they must be very pleasent ;)

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Thompson lesson learnt is a good one.
Point of note we don’t need to spend big dollars on non spine players .
We can get forwards for 250k-500k max that go hard and have a big motor with their effort on a weekly basis.
Titans can go spend 1 mill plus on their Fifitas and Tino tiramosualatas

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A Thompson lesson learnt is a good one.
Point of note we don’t need to spend big dollars on non spine players .
We can get forwards for 250k-500k max that go hard and have a big motor with their effort on a weekly basis.
Titans can go spend 1 mill plus on their Fifitas and Tino tiramosualatas
Your posts are as insightful as your threads.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't care if he goes these days.
His legacy is tarnished and always will be a case of what if/what could have been.
The only way to change that is to stay on chump change and prove the naysayers wrong.