Thompson flopped

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He shouldn't have been selected in the run on side, with the amount of time he had off.

Should have been off the bench.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most coaches would have had a player, out for so long, off the bench his first game back in f/g after only playing 35? Mins in resrrves.

He might be fit but he wasn't match fit and probably not mentally in the game so early on either.

Not excusing the defence he put up but geez Ciro makes some dumb decisions and defies accepted tradition with easing a player back after a long layoff.

It's almost that he wants these guys exposed to the harshest of situations when some better management could work better. He's done it with quite a few players now. It's puzzling :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where the resign brigade?
Rebranding as the give him a couple more weeks brigade?
You think the dud would try his guts out to trick some other team into buying him...

I don't think even Dragons or Tigers are dumb enough to buy him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He shouldn't have been selected in the run on side, with the amount of time he had off.

Issue was more about combinations and communication than fitness... You could see the difference in wave lengths.

I said it during the origin series... Watching NSW was like watching the dogs, there was no cohesion, just a footy team going through the motions.

It will take time at Canterbury but they'll get there eventually.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

He was selected on the bench. Sutton pulled out at the last minute hence Thommo started. Way underdone.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Shouldn't of played full stop.

Hughes is already way ahead of the pommy flop.
The club are just wringing whatever ‘value’ they can. Hughes would be on 20% of Thommo’s clip. I get he’s underdone after the long layoff but the two tries where he and Kiks were turnstiles = jaw droppingly bad.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The club are just wringing whatever ‘value’ they can. Hughes would be on 20% of Thommo’s clip. I get he’s underdone after the long layoff but the two tries where he and Kiks were turnstiles = jaw droppingly bad.
Kikau needs to adjust to our slow line speed in defence he looks like he’s shooting out of the line but he’s just playing at panthers line speed,
Thompson didn’t even attempt to go with him, it made Kikau look bad but it was 90% on Thompson. And it was exactly the same before he got injured. You would think that a bloke coming off such a long injury out would at least be having a dig to prove a point, this bloke has deadset fleeced the club, TPJ has potential that will never be realised but Thompson never even had that.

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The worst thing with Thompson I saw on the weekend wass there was a set in the last 10 min after he just came on where our backs did the first 4 hitups and TPJ did the last he just sat there not looking for the ball. No excuses for that he'd only been on a few min at that stage.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Kikau needs to adjust to our slow line speed in defence he looks like he’s shooting out of the line but he’s just playing at panthers line speed,
Thompson didn’t even attempt to go with him, it made Kikau look bad but it was 90% on Thompson. And it was exactly the same before he got injured. You would think that a bloke coming off such a long injury out would at least be having a dig to prove a point, this bloke has deadset fleeced the club, TPJ has potential that will never be realised but Thompson never even had that.
Agree re: Kiks and as for Thommo yeah that’s the thing I can’t work out. Seems fit, everyone says he’s a pro but never seems to deliver. Pretty frustrating.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are mason and omeley our d coach’s if they are time to move them on.
I think regardless the old dogs of war boys need to pack it up. Our players need their own identity, not to hear war stories and how it was being a bulldog. It obviously ain’t working

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After all this time off .. he Should have been eased in off the bench first.. clearly off the pace..