Thompson flopped

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing a team who has been building for years to a team who just started building?
Yeah just started bro, what do you call the last 7 years?
I get your point, but what difference a decent coach makes

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tpj is worse I swear he is a dead set coconut

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have the talent to compete but the players have no care what so ever for failure. And it all boils down to the coach. He needs to learn to stop being a mate coach and be a man coach. Rip the ***** heads in who ain’t performing and drop players who ain’t in form and putting in. Keeping Perham at the back was one of the biggest f ups this season… then playing Burton in 7 fkr multipul weeks has destroyed the kids hunger in every way. What I’m saying is that gus hired ciraldo to re build a club which I don’t think a rookie coach is capable of. For us to be competitive again we really did need a Bennett style coach for 2-3 years to bring back the hunger and winning culture.
Now gus it’s on you to make shit work. If we are still in the same position by 2025 then gus ciraldo and anyone involved in the club should be shown the door.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah just started bro, what do you call the last 7 years?
I get your point, but what difference a decent coach makes
Warriors hardly went through 3 administration changes in 5 years and truth is Gould helped them to where they are today.

CC is still literally sorting his team out whilst Webster walked into a ready made one for him... MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!

Also Webstar has an experienced ex golden boot winner who is in Dally M form running his team, similiar to Kev, Reynolds and Broncos.

Whilst CC has.......

Rather early to judge CC tbh and anybody thinking otherwise just doesn't get it...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad we got to see him play now we can finally say see you without renewing his contract.
He should have played like Payne Haas . . . Oh wait, he has been out all season, my bad

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
None of these boys wearing the blue an white care, non effort proves as much. Wait till my boy Taaffe arrives.. Will see some hard effort then. Critta is an amazing player too. Let’s hope they untie ad a team in 24 and give us something to be proud of!! All we want week In week out, then the wins shall come. That’s how I see it anyway lol.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If

I was on 800ks/year
Been out of the action for the majority of the contract
Have to play last few games in the NRL
Already have a deal signed up for the future back in my home country

Why the fuck would I put in an effort? I am already out of the NRL and I don't have to prove anyone anything in the remaining games so i would just save my body from anymore potential injuries.
Get Mason to step on his foot again at the end of year Xmas party. Putrid described him accurately today.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Mason to step on his foot again at the end of year Xmas party. Putrid described him accurately today.
Give Mason and O’Meley a jersey and they would still shit all over him in every facet of the game

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If

I was on 800ks/year
Been out of the action for the majority of the contract
Have to play last few games in the NRL
Already have a deal signed up for the future back in my home country

Why the fuck would I put in an effort? I am already out of the NRL and I don't have to prove anyone anything in the remaining games so i would just save my body from anymore potential injuries.
I think he wants an NRL contract still.
He is playing for that potential NRL contract.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know why he put him straight into the starting line up. Dumb decision from the coach.
He was named on the bench.
He only started because Sutton was a late withdrawal with a neck problem. Thompson was not ready to start and that wasn’t the plan. He’s way undercooked and his defensive lapses showed that.

Malla

Reaction score
I dont think he's flopped. I think he's given us all he can, and he was never the player we or Dogs thought he would be.

He doesn't have the heart and courage to play NRL. He clearly doesn't have the body because he's either concussed or injured.

I think it's best for Luke to go back to England.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know why he put him straight into the starting line up. Dumb decision from the coach.
lol what a crock of shit. If he's fit he starts, fitness wasn't his issue, the fact is he's not an NRL standard prop an neither is TPJ.