This kid has really good potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I just pray Des will pick on form. Not who's been his favorite.
If his team selection as based on form both Perrett and Williams would have played most of the past season in NSW Cup.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Everything has a reason in life.

There is a reason Tyrone Phillips hasn't cracked the big league at 21 years of age yet, and it's not because of Perrett.
Then what is it exactly mate? You can't tell me that you believe Perrett is a better option? Perrett offers **** in attack and defense. I really don't want to hear that he is "safe" as the bloke managed to rack up over 30 errors and conceded a shit load of goals down that side of the field. When is Des gonna get serious and start dropping and cutting players that aren't improving the side?

The upcoming season will be a very important one for a lot of people involved in the club and I really hope that the appropriate changes are made so that the team can actually be a force in the comp instead of just making up numbers in the finals.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he doesnt get a few weeks in a row to settle in first grade and get his confidence up then we wont see the best of him. A week here ir there only adds major pressure on them to perform so they are subject to error because they tend to try too hard to impress. Would love to see him get a run at fullback if he truly does have this much talked about pace.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh .. haha sorry guys ..

I was posting rhetorically. There's obviously a reason why Phillips isn't jumping ahead of Perrett for the wing spot. Just not 100% sure what it is myself.

Could be his hands, as he had hands like tits at one stage. Could be his defence. Could be he isn't ready yet (like Abbey).

With Perrett only a few years off retirement (32 at end of renewed contract), the Morris brothers getting on a bit these days (30 next year and signed till he is 32 at end of 2018), that only leaves Rona (23) and Hoppa (23) at the back.

So looking into the future, we may well end up with:

1. Abbey
2. Rona
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Phillips

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so obviously Des and the crew know more than we do, and maybe Des does not want to rush this player because he is very calm and patient with blooding new players into first grade. The player I am referring to is Tyrone Phillips.
Tyrone Phillips should have been in first grade in 2015.

Hasler isn't being calm and patient about this bloke, he'sjust ignored him.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so obviously Des and the crew know more than we do, and maybe Des does not want to rush this player because he is very calm and patient with blooding new players into first grade. The player I am referring to is Tyrone Phillips.

I believe he should replace Sam Perrett and should be given a chance to prove himself in the pre-season trial games. He could even potentially play centre and team with Curtis Rona.

Here are some facts:

- played lapa (La Perouse United?) and matto (Harold Matts?)
- was stand out player regarded future player for nrl when he played with James Roberts
- in my opinion his speed and defence is better than James Roberts

I seriously think that this guy is a pure freak talent and I hope Des gives him another go. If you guys can find it, go and watch when he played vs the Raiders where he totally killed them. He did not score a try but he looked very dangerous with the ball.

I really hope we do not waste this talent.
I agree with most of this.

He is a natural footy player not just the pure 'athlete' type but has speed to burn and good in making reads and support play

I would definately have him ahead of Perrett. Its a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.