This is why the Bulldogs should keep Mick Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Source: Daily Telegraph
Title: State of Origin: Josh Reynolds credited his mentor Michael Ennis for his Origin selection
Author: David Riccio
Date: 25th May 2014

OF the hundreds of text messages Josh Reynolds received last week, one really resonated with the Blues five-eighth.

The Canterbury pivot took time out to read every single message, but when the name of Michael Ennis popped up on his phone, Reynolds realised that he may never have arrived as a Blue if it wasn’t for the former NSW hooker.

In a remarkable sign of respect, gratitude and mateship, Reynolds credited Ennis as his mentor, praising the Bulldogs captain for his faith in guiding him both on and off the field.

“Mick is my best mate, he is a mentor to me,’’ Reynolds said. “He’s always there for me, you get a few texts from people saying how proud they are, but for him, he would mean it from the bottom of his heart.

“For someone like him, it means the world. He doesn’t have to say much, but it means a lot to me to know that he’s there for me.’’

Ennis last played for the Blues in 2011. And even though he will watch Wednesday night’s opener from Sydney, you get the feeling there’ll be a little bit of Ennis inside Reynolds when he attempts to terrorise the Maroons.

Reynolds said he will consider phoning Ennis for a quiet word before kick off.

“If I need to call him I will, because he’s been in this arena before, he’s a very wise man and he knows his stuff,’’ Reynolds said.

“It means the world to me to have him behind me.

“He’s always giving me great advice, you get great advice during your career, but I always make sure to listen to every word he gives to me.’’

Enough said..

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
There is a real feeling of mateship in this 2014 squad.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL There was someone here in the forums earlier in the year trying to prove these guys hated each other and were putting on a face to keep it behind close doors.

Really great to read this stuff. I just can't seem to find a bad thing to say about Reynolds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh give him 500k for 3 years and risk our hooker for the next 10 years leaving. The club is doing the right thing in not signing him long term, if he does not want a short term deal with the club he will move on. There is no room for loyalty under the salary cap.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at all the niff nuffs who thought and posted on here that Ennis and Reynolds don't get along.

Lol I recall one person posting that they had inside knowledge from within the club that Ennis and josh hated each other, and the like,

Well this really puts that to bed,

Hey guys, I have been clear in my point of view that I want Ennis to stay,
But let's be honest, even if Ennis did sign with another club, it's fair to say josh could call him any time if he needed him, considering they are so close.

Apparently Wayne Bennett and Ennis are also close and Ennis often calls him for advise from time to time,
That's been reported also,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL There was someone here in the forums earlier in the year trying to prove these guys hated each other and were putting on a face to keep it behind close doors.

Really great to read this stuff. I just can't seem to find a bad thing to say about Reynolds.
Lol you must have posted this as I was saying same thing in my above post,

Lol I hate that, now it looks like I copy you haha

But yes, you are correct,

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol you must have posted this as I was saying same thing in my above post,

Lol I hate that, now it looks like I copy you haha

But yes, you are correct,
Haha great minds think alike mate. lol

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Mick Ennis even tho he plays sht at times HE IS A LEADER

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I was one who said Reynolds didn't get on with ennis because I worked with a guy who is mates with him who told me Reynolds hated him.
either he made it up because there was a bit of smoke or he trolled the **** out me lol
anyway, this is positive for the dogs and I'm glad to hear it.
I still think ennis should be moved on after a year but atm this mateship is what brings success.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick off the field is a completely different person to when he is playing. A real nice guy who is very genuine. Also a fantastic leader and mentor to all the boys

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick ennis= more respect.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick off the field is a completely different person to when he is playing. A real nice guy who is very genuine. Also a fantastic leader and mentor to all the boys
He is a real family man aswell, I hope we can keep him around the club if he isn't playing atleast.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he is my wife thinks he's awesome from the times we've met but unfortunately what he wants and club wants are different ,if he leaves all the best for future to mick and his family

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the boys hard work can get a SOO win & more importantly a premiership for the Bulldogs!

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it true you're a troll?

No not at all...Im just the voice of reason. Meanwhile I did find this article though originally I heard about it, or so I thought i heard it on a news story on TV. Anyway here is the article answering my question...You have yourself a nice day Mr assassin.
m.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-reynolds-the-new-south-wales-state-of-origin-grub-queensland-must-squash/story-fniablkr-1226925950076

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No not at all...Im just the voice of reason. Meanwhile I did find this article though originally I heard about it, or so I thought i heard it on a news story on TV. Anyway here is the article answering my question...You have yourself a nice day Mr assassin.
m.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-reynolds-the-new-south-wales-state-of-origin-grub-queensland-must-squash/story-fniablkr-1226925950076
Just asking since usually Bulldog fans know their players nicknames.

Have a better day sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.