This is our potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott was busy and ran like the mafia were after him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is and I’ll enjoy the win but we are farrrrrr away from my expectations. It was only a 3-2 try difference and that doesn’t give me great confidence. Cows prob played the worst game I have ever seen them play and one of our try’s was a bloody falcon off Thurston head. Im still gona enjoy the win but even a rooster side playing at 60-70% would smack us.

And again foran mia... this guy plays with heart and effort but he created nothing last night. He kicked into defenders like 3-4 times and did some bloody dumb shit. So our mil dollar man needs to pull his socks up.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
So having a winger on the bench is ok?
No utility no forward but a winger .
I’m glad your not the coach.
Holland plays half or fullback through most of his career outside the top grade, hardly just a winger.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good win.. we dominated but our attack is far from polished..

3 tries in our 27 points

We havent scored more than 3 or 4 tries in any game this year
Correct analysis against the Panthers, Rabbitohs & the Cowboys we heavily dominated possession which should equate to +36 points. We managed to beat the Panthers by 2, were run down by The Rabbitohs & fortunately the Cowboys are diabolical st the moment. Our attack needs to be sharper

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Strange isnt it that all the negative nellies are now jizzing over the effort.
The best thing to come from the game is that Dean Pay may have put his critics to bed. His selections turned out really good,
His bench was very good, and his bench rotation was spot on. Last week people wanted him sacked. What a win will do.
This is right. However nobody should be judging Pay so early (good or bad) Give him the two years and see what has happened.

I do think the bench needs more impact personally but he is putting the best players out there from what he has to work with

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I wouldn't get to excited we played ok I know it's great to get the win but cowboys were just so dumb shit my sons under 8's would have beaten them
Mate it’s exciting believe me. Anything but the wooden spoon. Winning builds confidence

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a great move to take 2 points from penalties when they are on offer. Especially at this time when the refs are blowing the pea out of the whistle and teams find it easier to defend on their line. Last nights example equates to 8 points and it wins games. Too many times we take the tap and walk away with nothing.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do need a utility back on the bench to cover hih's and possible injuries. Jackson can play centre but we are better off having him in the forwards.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So his a half?
Better than Lewis / Brown ?
Can Lewis/Brown cover wing or centre as good as Holland?

We have versatile backs i.e Mbye, Hoppa, Bmoz that can play different positions at NRL level and swap positions with each other if Foran or JMK go down with an injury. This sees Mbye move to halves and Bmoz to FB and Holland providing cover for wing.

Having Holland on the bench essentially covers players 1-7 with our versatility at positions 1-5 being able to play other roles.

IMO this is why he is good to have on the bench.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it was pleasing to see the Morris's play one of the best games for a while hope its not because of their contract situations.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t understand people saying the cowboys where poor,we put the pressure on from the kick off in all the right places and they buckled our scrambling defence on our line was awesome they had their opportunity’s but we turned them away.we beat the cowboys at home with a full roster simple as that

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good to get a win especially as I was expecting the Cowboys to come out firing. Tough win but let’s not getting carried away as the Cowboys were absolutely awful.

I hope we can build off this but honestly not expecting anything more than a bottom half of the table finish this year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holland did play we'll though... His energy and quick easy metres at the back end of the game were good. His was even in the back row at one stage lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it' very funny that people on here talk about getting rid of the Morris boys.yes they aren' what they used to be but they are still excellent experienced players.why would you get rid of 2 very good defensive players when you have a team that' already struggling to defend?
becayse they aren't worth what they are getting payed.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cowboys were complete garbage. The game was real boring as well, I fell asleep twice while I was watching it. But, a wins a win I guess.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I' would rather pay them what they are getting plyed for another year or 2 than replace them with another 2 players that will leak 12 points a game down that side.
For 700k a season you can get the best winger in the comp.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah right because the comp is FULL of off contract wingers that would be better than Morris and wanting to come to the dogs right???
Dude I'm not saying don't re-sign them.. I want them to stay but I wouldn't give them more than 350-400k each. Simple.

If anything i'd keep Josh and get rid of Brett.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The roosters lost and we won that’s worth 4 points on the ladder !

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Cowboys were complete garbage. The game was real boring as well, I fell asleep twice while I was watching it. But, a wins a win I guess.
Lol this is coming from a team that score one try a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.