THIS COULD BE THE MAKING OF CAM CIRALDO!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw a comment earlier saying this game played out similar to the Tigers game at Belmore.

There was another try off the kick off late in that game. The defense in the middle is a real concern, there has to be something he can do to identify fatigue and fix it up before the game turns into desperation and hanging on.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I saw a comment earlier saying this game played out similar to the Tigers game at Belmore.

There was another try off the kick off late in that game. The defense in the middle is a real concern, there has to be something he can do to identify fatigue and fix it up before the game turns into desperation and hanging on.
We lost Sutton 9 min into the game losing a forward with a team already weak in this area showed up in the second half. Bringing in two backs in Ward and Skelton late was never going to support the middles.. the main thing I see is there was effort last night. When Souths scored that try from the kick off Dogs were chasing that young kid all the way.. Can't bag people who are having a go..

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The goal line defence is disgusting they are going right through us it’s horrific
I love the team but the goal line defence with crash plays scoring is a worry they isolate reed in the ruck a lot too

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the team but the goal line defence with crash plays scoring is a worry they isolate reed in the ruck a lot too
Lock in opposition forwards as first try scorers

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't hold our breath that defence will be solid. Might be better but that's all, for the time being until we get better middles and work together better.
Our middles are very poor we’re better switching the play side to side

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost Sutton 9 min into the game losing a forward with a team already weak in this area showed up in the second half. Bringing in two backs in Ward and Skelton late was never going to support the middles.. the main thing I see is there was effort last night. When Souths scored that try from the kick off Dogs were chasing that young kid all the way.. Can't bag people who are having a go..
We had two backline players get burned by that number 15, was very concerning

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm certain Gus picked that side
the mid week press interview at the start of the week with gus was a bit of a sign i think, especially how ciraldo spoke in the cronulla loss was more like he was speaking to bosses rather than the media lol.. so i feel you may be right

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s the management of the bench. The wrong players are so often replaced at the wrong time.

Firstly, Reed needs a rest. He isn’t an 80 minute hooker. His defence isn’t great generally for a hooker. Under fatigue this gets even worse.

The flow on effect to this is the middles around him don’t have confidence so they cannot just focus on their own job. They are needing to cover him. Then gaps appear straight down the middle.

Unfortunately our edge defence is also atrocious. It creates a perfect storm.

The way our defensive structures work. Any team that comes at us with a free flowing game plan and their passes stick will absolutely open us up. Thru the middle & on the edges.

Defensively we seem to work individually. If you look at the best defensive teams they work as a collective. Everyone knows their role. Everyone trusts the players inside and outside.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought this was another 1967 thread when I saw it

Malla

Reaction score
We really need to stop over reacting after a win