There are 5 true Bulldogs juniors playing NRL this week but none for the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably none of the list for me, I like our team just fine.

Personally I count anyone who played in the under 20's for us our juniors though, not sure the Bulldogs (or any other NRL club) can claim a whole lot of credit for a players development in the under 7's, or because of the neighbourhood they grew up in. If you came through the clubs system, under 20's, NSW Cup, then broke into FG...... for mine, you where a Bulldogs junior, on that criteria, there are a lot of our juniors playing this week for us and others.

Quite right. I think that people are confused when they talk about juniors; there are 'local' juniors those who came exclusively through the junior clubs in the Canterbury District into the senior grades in the district and there are the 'juniors' who started elsewhere as youngsters and were signed to scholarships, bought down from the bush or interstate and were developed ,then played all their NRL graded footy in the Canterbury area.

Then again we have seen how that line can be blurred when we look at the state Greg Inglis plays for and the criteria used to decide what state a player can play for in the Origin series.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would you want any at our club?

Martin Taupau (Padstow Panthers)
Daniel Tupou (Berala Bears)
Apisai Koroisau (Berala Bears)
Sione Mata'utia (Bankstown Cougars)
Peter Mata'utia (Bankstown Cougars)
Honestly with what we currently have i wouldn't take any of them. Would have had Sezer though...

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
taupau for sure, should have never signed t-rex and kept him

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I coached Taupau at Greenacre.
Was very sad to see him leave the Dogs. Would love to see him back.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought Taupau played for Greenacre? When he made his debut he got presented a Dogs jersey and Greenacre jersey framed.
First played at Padstow when he was much younger, joined Greenacre. Best decision of his life lol ;)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First played at Padstow when he was much younger, joined Greenacre. Best decision of his life lol ;)
The Greenacre tigers were dodgy , in 2014 they got caught out for using older kids in the u10's . It was so obvious

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
taupau for sure, should have never signed t-rex and kept him
Tapau was seen as a prop when he played with us so Trex signing and zero effect there. Klemmer effectively took his spot so I think we won on that one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.