The Warriors have emerged as a potential home for James Graham if he is squeezed out of Belmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/by/Adrian-Proszenko-hveqs

The Canterbury captain is contracted for next season, but the club's well-publicised salary cap pressures will require several players to leave. Newcastle have been watching the Graham situation with interest, but the Warriors are another club that can accommodate him.

The Kiwi outfit will have money to spend when Kieran Foran, Ben Matulino and Ryan Hoffman depart, as well as banking the money they saved by releasing Manu Vatuvei and Tui Lolohea before June 30.

The Warriors have been one of the competition's biggest disappointments in recent years and can benefit from Graham's take-no-prisoners style of play. There's also a belief the English international's experience will be invaluable off the field as the Warriors try to build a winning culture.

It has become obvious that change is required across the Tasman. The Warriors continue to underperform, despite having the Kiwis' spine of Foran, Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Issac Luke. While injuries have prevented the quartet stringing many games together, it is no excuse for the Warriors' lowly position on the ladder.

Graham is on about $1 million next year and the Bulldogs will have to pay some of his freight to make him an attractive proposition to rival clubs. Aside from releasing Sam Kasiano to Melbourne, they have been unable to offload any of their other stars on back-ended contracts. Greg Eastwood, Moses Mbye and Morris twins Brett and Josh are the players who can free up most cap space, but rivals are keeping their powder dry in the expectation there will be a fire sale at Belmore

One player the Bulldogs won't have trouble shifting if he becomes available is form prop David Klemmer.

The Warriors are also keen on James Maloney if he becomes a free agent. The Cronulla playmaker is contracted for next year, but feels he isn't being paid his market worth. Maloney made his name at the Warriors, helping to steer the side to a grand final during his stint across the Tasman. However, the Sharks won't be letting him go unless a suitable replacement – Storm star Cooper Cronk is the signature they most crave – can be found.

With cash to splash, the Warriors are after Graham or Maloney as their marquee buy, as well as a couple of additional recruits to bolster their squad.
Personally I'd like Jammer to stay on, especially as Kasiano is going and some idiots might pick up Eastwood.

But bugger it... NRL is a multi million dollar business and our salary cap has stretched to bursting point. So yeah, if the Warriors want Jammer we have to let him go.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's also a belief the English international's experience will be invaluable off the field as the Warriors try to build a winning culture.
Try to build a winning culture.....that has been on the cards since 1995. On this years efforts James has pretty much lost that " winning feeling". Mind boggling stats that he has won one title in seven attempts with both the Dogs and St Helens and the club has won around only 29 games since season 2015 with him at the helm as Captain. Of the total games played over those three years he has missed around 20 with injury.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant the Warriors be a potential home for Des in 2018?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm confused how you could say that after the garbage we have had over the past 10 years finally we have a real half
Because he hasn't been a real half for years while also showing no commitment. 4 clubs in 4 years. Turned us down multiple times. Busted as fuck. Stupid salary. I could go on.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he hasn't been a real half for years while also showing no commitment. 4 clubs in 4 years. Turned us down multiple times. Busted as fuck. Stupid salary. I could go on.

Not really valid points but anhow right to your opinion.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny back in April I rated James Graham about the 10th best frontrower on this forum and was bagged from pillar to post by some of you. Well I've had a change of heart . I now wouldn't rate Graham in my first 20 ! His performances defensively of late have been insipid. Zero go forward and often gets in the way.
So far past his best it's not funny.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule it out

No team does firing their coach better than the Warriors
He'd have a hard time crossing the Spit bridge to get to home games and training. Just like he does with us!
Des is a fraud. If he had the slightest trace of interest in us, he'd have moved to Bankstown in 2012.
He has redefined the meaning of a cash mercenary.
Fuck off, Des!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'd have a hard time crossing the Spit bridge to get to home games and training. Just like he does with us!
Des is a fraud. If he had the slightest trace of interest in us, he'd have moved to Bankstown in 2012.
He has redefined the meaning of a cash mercenary.
Fuck off, Des!
Bankstown??? lol the place is a shit hole now!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They just had on NRL 360 an interview with Nathan Brown.
Brown said that they were still in the market for a prop.
When asked who in particular, he said a "Matt Scott" type of prop.
Kent asked about James Graham and Brown acknowledged that they had talks early in tbe season but JG didn't want to leave Canterbury and Des didn't want to let him go.
Since then, they (Knights) have gone in a different direction.
Kebt then said that if he would be interested in any other forward as they might be going on a fire salr.
Brown said that they would look at it but again it doesn't mean that they would be interested in what they are necessarily off loading.

Fuck me....not even tbe cellar dwellers are interested in our forwarss likeTolman, or Eastwood unless its Jackson or Klemmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.