The uncomfortable truth about Schoupp

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just because a number of people have agreed with you doesn't make your view any more sensible - it just makes their view as nonsensical
as yours. It's good you have a go, I'm all for more comedy on the Kennel !!
If you like comedy, maybe I’ll put together an Aaron Schoupp defensive highlights package - complete with Benny Hill theme.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you like comedy, maybe I’ll put together an Aaron Schoupp defensive highlights package - complete with Benny Hill theme.
Then after you do that maybe you could do one on Eliot I’m sure it would go for quite some time

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That would be nice !
I like Benny Hill.
I see you haven't quoted your source for Schoupp's defensive summary from last weekend.
Please tell me it wasn't you doing the count !

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That would be nice !
I like Benny Hill.
I see you haven't quoted your source for Schoupp's defensive summary from last weekend.
Please tell me it wasn't you doing the count !
It's all there on zero tackle and nrl.com ..... come on, Mr Walker....it's easily verifiable public information. Get on Google, my friend.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Then after you do that maybe you could do one on Eliot I’m sure it would go for quite some time
Elliott has been playing for a lot longer and averages well over 30 tackles a game.....of course he will have more missed tackles.....but he has never displayed as much highly concentrated ineptitude as Schoupp has....particularly over the past 2 weeks....and he doesn't constantly run up off his line to create tries outside him either. Schoupp is our MVP of dud defence.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is shit in defence what is averillo in attack

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's all there on zero tackle and nrl.com ..... come on, Mr Walker....it's easily verifiable public information. Get on Google, my friend.
Well, that's great.
Someone told me recently that you can't believe everything the NRL tells you, so perhaps we shouldn't trust their stats.
As for zero tackle, the poor under funded thing, they probably get their stats from nrl.com. So your finally presented sources
could be in fact resourceful less and arguably not factual.

Anyway, I think my initial point was to consider cutting Schoupp a bit of slack at this embryonic stage of his career.
I think it's a bit premature to start critically judging him about aspects of his game. Time will be the judge and I'm sure sensibly you'd
agree.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott has been playing for a lot longer and averages well over 30 tackles a game.....of course he will have more missed tackles.....but he has never displayed as much highly concentrated ineptitude as Schoupp has....particularly over the past 2 weeks....and he doesn't constantly run up off his line to create tries outside him either. Schoupp is our MVP of dud defence.
Fake news

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone remember Elliott's debut season?

What was averaging, 3 handling errors a game?
From the bench?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone remember Elliott's debut season?

What was averaging, 3 handling errors a game?
From the bench?
Can't have been all bad. he played rep footy the following year.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the defensive results of the other centre. I know which one I would keep.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was that year everybody dropped out and they struggled to field teams?
Nope, not everybody dropped out....just a few big names....if Elliott had really been as bad as you suggest, they could have gone with many other options.

It's not my fault Schoupp can't tackle, read a defensive line or sidestep. Don't shoot the messenger :grinning:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the defensive results of the other centre. I know which one I would keep.
Hoppa has been better defensively that Schoupp. That's why Okunbor had a much better defensive game playing outside him last week.

In any case, Hoppa is gone.....hopefully after next year, Schoupp will be too.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm clearly in a minority here, but a number of people have agreed with me on this thread alone.....the bloke can't defend and is almost as lacking in skill as his barber.

I think the circle jerk about him is a tad too much, and he does have a lot to work on obviously as he's played less than 10 games in a side that would probably get flogged against a 2017 knights team.

He's shown glimpses of potential, so give him time

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the circle jerk about him is a tad too much, and he does have a lot to work on obviously as he's played less than 10 games in a side that would probably get flogged against a 2017 knights team.

He's shown glimpses of potential, so give him time
Of course he's not all bad.....I just think the hoopla is way over the top and deserves a proportionately hyperbolic counterpoint. But shhh, don't tell anybody I said that. His d really does need a lot of work and I don't see him as a long term centre for us unless he fixes it and develops a step.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope, not everybody dropped out....just a few big names....if Elliott had really been as bad as you suggest, they could have gone with many other options.

It's not my fault Schoupp can't tackle, read a defensive line or sidestep. Don't shoot the messenger :grinning:
It was also the final year of City vs Country from memory? Was Elliott directly responsible for the end of the institution that was City vs Country??
Hard to say.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was also the final year of City vs Country from memory? Was Elliott directly responsible for the end of the institution that was City vs Country??
Hard to say.
Oh come on, now you're just being hyperbolic. If there's one thing i would never do, it is engage in a hyperbole war :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh come on, now you're just being hyperbolic. If there's one thing i would never do, it is engage in a hyperbole war :grinning:
Am I though? Look at the facts. Elliott played one game of City vs Country, the same year they end it. Pretty damning stuff

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am I though? Look at the facts. Elliott played one game of City vs Country, the same year they end it. Pretty damning stuff
They ended it because Bulldogs officials threatened to withdraw Elliott from eligibility in 2018 so he could focus on club footy. The NSWRL realised Elliott was the heart and soul of that country team and that without him, the scoreline could get really ugly.