The UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrith-Panther

Waterboy
Reaction score
One of the best cards I've ever seen.

Awesome come back from Edgar. (most likely facing Pettis then Maynard again)

Silva makes Vera look like his *****.

Leben got KTFO.

Overall ... pretty happy.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guida won via nice submission! I think Guida is one fight off to be placed as the No1 contender.

Kim dominated Diaz on the ground

Stann impressed me. Great slugfest!!! Stann gave Leben a hiding :P

Edgar put on an awesome performance I thought he was GOOOONE~!!! after the 1st round... I love to see a rematch ASAP. Also, credit to Maynard he was very unlucky!

UFC 125 Great Show tonight!!!

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
- I think Edgar deserves a little more respect now he has defended his title twice and was a heavy underdog in his second title defense (Against Maynard), overcame adversity and showed amazing heart to come back and as always his cardio was on point imo it was an edgar win for sure. Maynard did not do enough to take the title from Edgar and it would've been bull**** to see him walk away with the title from a fight like that.

- WTF@ Chris Lesbian that was unexpected. Though, he looks like he has aged 100 years since his last fight

- Nice touch of american propaganda with Brian Stann, Former marine who dedicated his win to another marine who was killed recently in Afghanistan...I'm not being mean but, we don't care about the US marines.

- Brad Tavares was impressive against phil baroni, after getting dropped he came back to win with a vicious KO

- Thiago Silva was a man possessed! i died when they showed replay of him slapping vera and the crowd burst out laughing

- Nate Diaz needs a wrestling coach

- I was disappointed with Guida v Gomi, I was expecting fireworks but kudos to Guida on winning the fight

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I scored the Edgar VS Maynard fight

1st round: Maynard 10-8
2nd round: Edgar 10-9
3rd round: 9-9
4th round: Edgar 10-9
5th round: Edgar 10-9

Edgar 47-46

I was expecting Leben to win this fight if it was a brawl. But Stann is a tank.... the only person who gave Leben a hiding was Anderson Silva.

Nate Diaz got owned on the ground. Credit to Dong Hyun Kim since Diaz his very good on the ground and a strong wrestler. I would like to see Kim to improve his stand up and he would be well rounded fighter.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
- I think Edgar deserves a little more respect now he has defended his title twice and was a heavy underdog in his second title defense (Against Maynard), overcame adversity and showed amazing heart to come back and as always his cardio was on point imo it was an edgar win for sure. Maynard did not do enough to take the title from Edgar and it would've been bull**** to see him walk away with the title from a fight like that.
Fair enough - Maynard fan here by virtue of TUF. Haven't seen fight yet, but decision sounds "just". I'm hoping for Maynard V Edgar in TUF14 as coaches !
- WTF@ Chris Lesbian that was unexpected. Though, he looks like he has aged 100 years since his last fight
He's a fkn madball, but you gotta love him. He's gone all "zen", coaches people now and I bet he looks sh*t because he's given up the drink.

...I'm not being mean but, we don't care about the US marines.
LOL ... Don't under-e$timate how many viewer$ come from/with Marine background$ ... it'$ a big audience, and Dana can't afford to pi$$ them off !!!

$o in$tead we $ee tribute$ and parade$ and $star$ and $tripe$ everywhere ... know what I'm $ayin' ???
;)

- Brad Tavares was impressive against phil baroni, after getting dropped he came back to win with a vicious KO
That kid copped a kick to the face in TUF during a fight, and WON via DQ.

It dropped him, the other dude goes "Sorry man", and Brad gets up and goes "For what ???" ...

- I was disappointed with Guida v Gomi, I was expecting fireworks but kudos to Guida on winning the fight
Comes back to that Sanchez fight - That was a massive personal loss. Apparently he lives in a decked out Campervan in the New Mexico desert now and trains off the land, away from influences and people that can distract him.

Give it 12months ... title shot for Clay !

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I scored the Edgar VS Maynard fight

1st round: Maynard 10-8
2nd round: Edgar 10-9
3rd round: 9-9
4th round: Edgar 10-9
5th round: Edgar 10-9

Edgar 47-46
UFC fights are scored under the 10 point must system so a 9-9 round is impossible unless there is a point deduction. I think a draw was definitely the right result. Maynard didn't do enough to earn the title and Frankie did too much to lose it.

You have to feel for Anthony Pettis having to wait for a title shot now that Dana has said there should be an immediate rematch between Edgar and Maynard. If anyone hasn't seen the superkick in his last fight be prepared for one of the sickest things you will ever seen inside a cage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Jesus H Christ !!!

Where did that come from ???

Brilliant !

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ufc fights are scored under the 10 point must system so a 9-9 round is impossible unless there is a point deduction. I think a draw was definitely the right result. Maynard didn't do enough to earn the title and frankie did too much to lose it.
so the judges can give 10-10 for a round??? Anyways either way it was an awesome fight.

you have to feel for anthony pettis having to wait for a title shot now that dana has said there should be an immediate rematch between edgar and maynard. If anyone hasn't seen the superkick in his last fight be prepared for one of the sickest things you will ever seen inside a cage.

far out.... I was eagerly waiting for the edgar vs pettis title fight =(

i like pettis fighting style there is not many successful fighters that have tae kwon do background. He is another superstar in the making!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7orb5knjc

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
anybody watching ultimate knockouts???....been some sweet ones tbh

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it's been confirmed that the new coaches for the Ultimate Fighter 13 will be Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos. This season will focus on the welterweight division.
Lesnar and Santos will then fight after the season finishes.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
it's been confirmed that the new coaches for the Ultimate Fighter 13 will be Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos. This season will focus on the welterweight division.
Lesnar and Santos will then fight after the season finishes.
huge fan of lesnar. should be a great season

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Anderson Silva wins by: ownage

Jones v Shogun now then huh? should be a sweet fight.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on February 5, 2011 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada

Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson
Pierce defeated Robertson via TKO (punches) at 0:29 of round 2.

Light Heavyweight bout: Ricardo Romero vs. Kyle Kingsbury
Kingsbury defeated Romero via TKO (strikes) at 0:21 of round 1. This bout aired on Spike TV following the Mendes vs. Omigawa fight.

Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Gabe Ruediger
Taylor defeated Ruediger via KO (strikes) at 1:42 of round 2.

Preliminary card (Facebook Stream)Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson
Johnson defeated Yamamoto via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).

Preliminary card (Spike TV)Featherweight bout: Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Mendes defeated Omigawa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Lightweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly
Cerrone defeated Kelly via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:48 of round 2. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Taylor vs. Ruediger fight.

Main card
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
Torres defeated Banuelos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
Ellenberger defeated Rocha via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28).

Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
Jones defeated Bader via submission (Guillotine choke) at 4:20 of round 2.

Light Heavyweight bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
Griffin defeated Franklin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Vitor Belfort
Silva defeated Belfort via KO (front kick and punches) at 4:25 of round 1 to retain the UFC Middleweight Championship.

P

Paint.

CK missed some of the UFC because he needed to piss.
True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.