Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Gunna be an early afternoon gentlemen.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fck yeah. Lopes and God of war wow. How fckng stupid is Dern? Multiple world BJJ champ and you just want to throw with a killer.

And now the real fun begins.
I was begging for Dern to try and get it to the ground but it just looked like she rushed everything.
Agree Lopes is for real and I want to see Benoit fight a higher ranked opponent next he looks like a real problem at 155. Massive for the weight class too.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The perfect 2 punch fight. I survived your shot, you didn't survive mine.

Had no idea how fckng big aspinall is. Sergey looked big but fck aspinall is a unit.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's too early. Fckng shit
Don’t think it would have changed much. Jiri just said in his interview it was the right call. You can’t stand with Poatan for long periods it’s too dangerous. 1 mistake and he clips you and it changes everything. Besides having his leg beat up I think Jiri was doing well until he copped that hook.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a pretty good card no complaints there.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Don’t think it would have changed much. Jiri just said in his interview it was the right call. You can’t stand with Poatan for long periods it’s too dangerous. 1 mistake and he clips you and it changes everything. Besides having his leg beat up I think Jiri was doing well until he copped that hook.
Maybe but still defending himself and gets straight up. Plus what else is jiri gunna say?

Awesome card but that ruined it imv

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe but still defending himself and gets straight up. Plus what else is jiri gunna say?

Awesome card but that ruined it imv
He could have said I was good to keep going like Izzy did when he lost to Alex but he slumped to the ground and Alex went straight into Mount if anything it saved him getting some savage damage.

Bit rough bruz that was a great card. A potentially slightly early stoppage for a fight where the result was not really in doubt doesn’t ruin the card IMO but I can’t speak for how you are feeling. Saddle up and we go again next month.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He could have said I was good to keep going like Izzy did when he lost to Alex but he slumped to the ground and Alex went straight into Mount if anything it saved him getting some savage damage.

Bit rough bruz that was a great card. A potentially slightly early stoppage for a fight where the result was not really in doubt doesn’t ruin the card IMO but I can’t speak for how you are feeling. Saddle up and we go again next month.
Had no skin in this game and got $60 of fights b4 this so all good. Just felt Jiri tagged Poatan a few times and wobbled him. Poatan was eating Jiri's front leg and Jiri looked much better on the ground. And Poatan is still Poatan with bombs in his hands.

Had all the makings of an absolute bomber of a fight.

Love Poatan but here's my issues.
- those elbows when Jiri had a leg were very close to 12-6 elbows, they were also borderline back of Jiris head.
- Jiri hits the ground and is still actively defending himself. Hands were up, moved his head to the side and who know after that, the ref stopped it at that point. And he was obviously well enough to jump straight up and walk back with no hint of wobble.

Based on what didn't get stopped earlier in the night, that fight should not have been stopped. And this was a title fight. Just ruined what could have been a classic fight.

And when you think about it, Dern was an idiot, the HW fight turned into a one punch fest and then imv a shitty stoppage. The 3 biggest fights all had some meh to them. Yeah, made up for by some of the previous fights but...[sigh]...

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@NPC83 - just pulled this early from the replay - first elbow.
1699771553813.png

Given where Jiri's head is - how isn't that to the back of the head? And thats the first of the half dozen.

Better one for ya.
1699771659411.png

12-6 and right behind the topknot. And right in front of the ref.

Shithouse but at least Poatan put shit on Izzy afterwards so maybe some positives.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@NPC83 - just pulled this early from the replay - first elbow.
View attachment 93169
Given where Jiri's head is - how isn't that to the back of the head? And thats the first of the half dozen.

Better one for ya.
View attachment 93170
12-6 and right behind the topknot. And right in front of the ref.

Shithouse but at least Poatan put shit on Izzy afterwards so maybe some positives.
Don’t know mate I think he was trying to elbow his ear hole. That’s not blatant back of the head for me. You can see the ref is looking right at it too. Jiri didn’t get up straight away either he got to his knees to compose himself first with 0 dispute of early stoppage. When a guy is badly hurt and he was because he flopped on the ground and the aggressor is in Mount it doesn’t end well. It might have been slightly early but it wasn’t going to change much it would have got stopped as soon as Poatan started dropping bombs from mount.

Time to move on now I think. Plenty more fights to discuss

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Don’t know mate I think he was trying to elbow his ear hole. That’s not blatant back of the head for me. You can see the ref is looking right at it too. Jiri didn’t get up straight away either he got to his knees to compose himself first with 0 dispute of early stoppage. When a guy is badly hurt and he was because he flopped on the ground and the aggressor is in Mount it doesn’t end well. It might have been slightly early but it wasn’t going to change much it would have got stopped as soon as Poatan started dropping bombs from mount.

Time to move on now I think. Plenty more fights to discuss
Watched it 3 times. And seemed to work out for Borshchev being mounted.

As u say - time to move on.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t get to watch it but seen every fight on main card was knockout. That’s insane what a card

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
HNY gentlemen. Good to see Nolan talk up about dom'ing the division and knocking out his guy in a round. Then getting tuned in 60 secs.

But my god. That shot to finish Walker by Ankalaev. The one on the ground. That basically inverted in his face.....

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Ran into a dude who runs the UFC Sydney gym the other day and talked about Strickland. Said he's a great guy and its all an act. But what an act.

Looking forward to Sunday - should be good.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@Doogie what about 299. Wow! Better card than 300 at this stage.

Looking forward to Sunday great match up. I’m tipping Strickland distance management to get him the points. Unless DDP can hold him down.