The Tough Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
RENT - Hardest thing im going through right now has not been real easy at all, it feels like im left broke at the end of all of it with Fuel and Bills to pay. As well as trying to get Groceries for the week is hard living but i think these tough times i just got to grind them out and the fortune will come my way at the end of the road.

I just hope 2009 will bring some luck my way cause it has been a shocking first 6 weeks of the new year for me.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sydney rents are expensive but it's still much cheaper then paying a mortgage. Believe me. You tenants have alot of perks homeowners don't have.

Even though the rates have been coming down.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Not when your paying $425 a week in Colyton with 1 other person living with me

I might as well be paying a mortgage on this rate

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Then go pay a mortgage then. See how much you think you will "save."

Rent is always cheaper/less expensive than mortgages. That's the whole point of rent. (From a tenant's point of view.)

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL! Cry me a river. Try paying a 400k mortgage, plus all the other bills, plus food, nappies and clothing for three kids, plus a wife, and pay $64 a day for pre school three days per week, vehicle lease for ute so I can earn money etc etc

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Not when your paying $425 a week in Colyton with 1 other person living with me

I might as well be paying a mortgage on this rate
$425 in Colo. You are kidding.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is life. The majority of people I know live like that, including my parents.

Even though i don't have the rent to pay, it still sucks having all the money go to necessities and never getting to spend it on something as a treat for once. :(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL! Cry me a river. Try paying a 400k mortgage, plus all the other bills, plus food, nappies and clothing for three kids, plus a wife, and pay $64 a day for pre school three days per week, vehicle lease for ute so I can earn money etc etc
You forgot Council rates, water rates and possible strata rates. All of which the tenants DO NOT pay for.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney rents are expensive but it's still much cheaper then paying a mortgage. Believe me. You tenants have alot of perks homeowners don't have.

Even though the rates have been coming down.
Houses, yes

Units, not always the case

My best mates mortgage repayments for her unit are almost half that of my sisters unit rent....and my mates unit is nicer....although she did have a decent deposit!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You forgot Council rates, water rates and possible strata rates. All of which the tenants DO NOT pay for.
Exactly! Plus when something breaks down like hot water, the tennant rings up and it has to be fixed immediately, payed for by the owner. There goes 3-4 weeks rent.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Houses, yes

Units, not always the case

My best mates mortgage repayments for her unit are almost half that of my sisters unit rent....and my mates unit is nicer....although she did have a decent deposit!
Then the rent must be extremely high. Even so, if repairs are needed in the tenants unit, assuming it's not the tenant's fault, the landlord has to pay for it from his pocket.

PS: Unit's are the worst piece of investment to have IMO.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Yes i know in the long run it will be cheaper for me cause the agreement does not expand over several years. The last 4 months we been to hell and back i moved in with 4 other people moving in with us and now im living with just 1 of them it is insane for me cause it seems like i never have no spending money to myself as with my housemate as well who looks like he is going anorexic.

Just before we moved in he was at 115kg and now he keeps losing more weight by not eating and now is under 70kg and looks like he is getting worse day by day i even have to pull him out of bed just so he can go to work at night's.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I am hearing you champ!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly! Plus when something breaks down like hot water, the tennant rings up and it has to be fixed immediately, payed for by the owner. There goes 3-4 weeks rent.
True. Which is the reason why it annoys me when people whinge about rent.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes i know in the long run it will be cheaper for me cause the agreement does not expand over several years. The last 4 months we been to hell and back i moved in with 4 other people moving in with us and now im living with just 1 of them it is insane for me cause it seems like i never have no spending money to myself as with my housemate as well who looks like he is going anorexic.

Just before we moved in he was at 115kg and now he keeps losing more weight by not eating and now is under 70kg and looks like he is getting worse day by day i even have to pull him out of bed just so he can go to work at night's.
Then if it's just 2 people why are you renting an entire house?

Find a cheaper unit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two words:

Oxford Street.

Wh*re yourself out there for some extra money and all of your financial problems will be solved!

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Then if it's just 2 people why are you renting an entire house?

Find a cheaper unit.
Because as i said i had 5 people in there at the start and things did not work out between us all and only having 1 vehicle made it 10 x harder cause everyone was pending on my car to get them to work or shops when i had to do my own things as well.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because as i said i had 5 people in there at the start and things did not work out between us all and only having 1 vehicle made it 10 x harder cause everyone was pending on my car to get them to work or shops when i had to do my own things as well.
Is your lease finished? If so, give your notice and move out if it's just you and one other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.