The "that's not how I remember it" Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So I was bored the other day and decided to totally legally buy the TV show "Biker Mice from Mars" off....um, not kickass torrent. I watched a couple of episodes and thought "Huh, this kinda sucks" even though I loved it as a kid.

I've also legally purchased other TV shows from my childhood (Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, etc) and still like them but BMFM not so much.

So, have you eaten/watched/listened to/whatever something for the first time in a very long time and was let down by its crappiness?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS! I can't spell. Mods, please add a "B" to "rememer".

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that THE perfect strangers with the one and only balki baltokomous

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the one! Still love the show.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh cousin Larry lol .
I think it was new wave hookers 3 with chasey lane I used to love it. Found it again for old time sake I was disappointed.
But Vanessa lane on the other hand pwooahh

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Not a TV show, but I introduced my 4 1/2 year old son to the original ninja turtles movie the other day.

I used to love that movie when I was a kid. Watched it like a million times.

Saw it the other day and thought it was pretty lame. Even he looked at me a few times like "why you making me watch this shit dad, put transformers on ffs"

Big fail.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a TV show, but I introduced my 4 1/2 year old son to the original ninja turtles movie the other day.

I used to love that movie when I was a kid. Watched it like a million times.

Saw it the other day and thought it was pretty lame. Even he looked at me a few times like "why you making me watch this shit dad, put transformers on ffs"

Big fail.
The scene where the Turtles are starting to evolve from the OOZE cracks me up (we just rewatched it with my kid the other weekend too)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just picked up Disney's Gargoyles which was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid. It's as good as I remember.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Re-watching the show Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Watched it as a kid back in the good old 90s and thought it was the bees knees.

Tried watching it again to find the show just ripped 70% of all the scenes from the Japanese live-action version and literally recycled shit every episode.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea me and the Mrs you tubed a bunch of cartoons from when we were going.

Captain planet - really crap
Sailor moon - crap for me, she loves it
Samurai pizza cats - see above
Inspector gadget - awesome!

We went through a few others too.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Watched Might ducks 2 the other day and was wondering why they automatically qualified for the national team after only winning their district comp in their last movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fast Forward. A lot more racist than I remember.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I always loved Fast Forward first but Eric Banner and Sean Micallef are excellent
Lol used to love Bana when he played the old wog man, especially when he asks for socks with thong holes lol

But my fav was Ross Williams playing the bogan Ron. Especially where he goes to centrelink of something and they ask "whats your name?" He goes "Ron", they ask "What's your full name?" And he goes "Ronski" lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol used to love Bana when he played the old wog man, especially when he asks for socks with thong holes lol

But my fav was Ross Williams playing the bogan Ron. Especially where he goes to centrelink of something and they ask "whats your name?" He goes "Ron", they ask "What's your full name?" And he goes "Ronski" lol
Or Prime minister Ron. Funny bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.