The Second Phase (Book)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi All,

As mentioned previously, I wrote a book (ghost written) on behalf of a former NRL player Sione Faumuina which is his official autobiography. The book covers his life, delving deep into social issues such as alcoholism, abuse, depression and gambling. Obviously, it also covers his footy career where he is not backward in coming forward about certain incidents, players, coaches, officials.

I wrote it best I could in a "fly on a wall" style, engaging the reader....in short I tried to bring his story to life and I think that has been achieved given the fact he has been lined up for numerous media duties both in New Zealand but mainly in Australia (main market).

Anyway, I am not going to ramble on but if you are keen to read it, I can guarantee you will enjoy it despite it not being about a Bulldogs ex player (hopefully I get to write a Bulldogs collectors item styled book when we win our next comp).

We deliberately broke traditional rules with autobiographies so our structure and style is unlike other sports books out there. We kept the total pages under 200 as in this day and age we are competing for peoples attention with the explosion of social media, so the book is long enough to hold the readers attention and push out the right messages.

This is my first foray into having my work being published in a book as I have had numerous articles throughout the years, blogs etc but writing a book is the holy grail for me.

Lord willing, could be a start of something for me to do it full time and sell my insurance broking business.

Anyway at least you can be proud a Kenneller wrote and self published a book!
follow our social media pages and jump on the website to read more and if you want order a book (cheap as chips) www.thesecondphase.co.nz

Attachments

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

As mentioned previously, I wrote a book (ghost written) on behalf of a former NRL player Sione Faumuina which is his official autobiography. The book covers his life, delving deep into social issues such as alcoholism, abuse, depression and gambling. Obviously, it also covers his footy career where he is not backward in coming forward about certain incidents, players, coaches, officials.

I wrote it best I could in a "fly on a wall" style, engaging the reader....in short I tried to bring his story to life and I think that has been achieved given the fact he has been lined up for numerous media duties both in New Zealand but mainly in Australia (main market).

Anyway, I am not going to ramble on but if you are keen to read it, I can guarantee you will enjoy it despite it not being about a Bulldogs ex player (hopefully I get to write a Bulldogs collectors item styled book when we win our next comp).

We deliberately broke traditional rules with autobiographies so our structure and style is unlike other sports books out there. We kept the total pages under 200 as in this day and age we are competing for peoples attention with the explosion of social media, so the book is long enough to hold the readers attention and push out the right messages.

This is my first foray into having my work being published in a book as I have had numerous articles throughout the years, blogs etc but writing a book is the holy grail for me.

Lord willing, could be a start of something for me to do it full time and sell my insurance broking business.

follow our social media pages and jump on the website to read more and if you want order a book (cheap as chips) www.thesecondphase.co.nz
Well done brother will get a copy this week read that little bit it got me sucked in lol.
If you get 2 do one on des may i suggest the name 4th tackle option
Sorry pre order i see 41 days before release

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done brother will get a copy this week read that little bit it got me sucked in lol.
If you get 2 do one on des may i suggest the name 4th tackle option
Sorry pre order i see 41 days before release
Thanks mate
All pre orders get signed copy and no postage fee. Oh you get a free chapter bootleg in pdf Form via email

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,

Will give the book a read soon, top work mate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats KiwiDog...

I'm honestly not a big reader (most amount of reading I've every done was on holidays).

And can anyone recommend any other good Nrl books.
Get a hold of "The Desmond Diaries" if you can.

It's not very big (only 26 pages), and every single page is exactly the friggin same.

Synopsis of the book is that it deals with the highs and lows of the Bulldogs 2016 season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish you all the best brother, top work!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Congrats KiwiDog...

I'm honestly not a big reader (most amount of reading I've every done was on holidays).

It's not very big (only 26 pages), and every single page is exactly the friggin same.

Synopsis of the book is that it deals with the highs and lows of the Bulldogs 2016 season.
I wonder if its as bad as the movie

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

Awesome work.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Congrats KiwiDog...

Thanks man appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.