The report you won't hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was apparent, and sadly not represented in ANY of the media was that despite an unprecedented 68% first half possession stat and close to 200 tackles in the first half WE CREATED MORE CHANCES THAN THEY DID.

We were

1. A Sisa ****** bat down away from at least one try.
2. A shocking bounce of the ball, and Billy Slater "AFL" style climbing up on the back of Josh Morris bat down away from another try. (by the way when did we start playing Afl? I know you can jostle going for the ball but to grab and hold down an opponent whilst jumping on him limiting his chance to get the ball is Afl, not rugby league.)
3. A Jonathan wright backward bat down for Greg Eastwood to score.

I know, coulda, shoulda, woulda but it was a game of inches.....but all I saw was Masters wanking on about the f c k I g n goals Cam Smith missed and could have been 22-4.....but that would require balanced journalism which in our media is just non existent.

Onya boys! Thanks for a fabulous year....your effort didn't go unnoticed by the fans!!
Let the media say what they wiil, it was simply a game of inches in the end, despite the crap we had to contend with throughout the game.
Bring on 2013!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nicely said. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year anyway so if we say a MP and grand final loss is our rebuilding phase we look like we'll do well once Des has the side he wants.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah remember we won't even meant to have des this year so we have done well

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice post!

The way I see it, last year we missed the 8. Our target this year was to play finals footy. To get there and reach the grand final is above and beyond anyones expectations.

Our side is young (unlike Storm/Manly) which puts us in a great position not just now, but in the future, and with Des mentoring our juniors, it's something that may not stop when our current roster retires.

Both Manly and Storm will be buying up big in years to come when their big names retire. Slater, Cronk, Smith, Stewart, to name a few.

Next year, with the pain of a grand final loss, but bucketloads of big game experience, I think we'll do well.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
All true but they were the better team. We overachieved this year but will be scarily better next year. TRex on the edges, Lafai on the wing, Halatau back good times to come

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
All true but they were the better team. We overachieved this year but will be scarily better next year. TRex on the edges, Lafai on the wing, Halatau back good times to come
Lafai will not be on the wing.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we played our grand final twice against manly this year, brookvale and the first semi
Mentally we where up for both of those games

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
You forgot Perrett almost getting an intercept try at the start of the match. If he held onto that ball we would have been all over Storm from the get go.
Oh well, always next year to beat the cheaters..

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We played well but just , just needed that extra 1% to go our way , first half when Benny Barba gets outside Chambers then passes only to get intercepted by Waqa , try went begging for sure . They just gave us nothing .

lachlan

New Pup
Reaction score
i believed this year the doggies had a great turn around the forwards had a sensational season as well with the backs great work Des on a fantastic season

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That ****ing Morris bounce, has bounced into the hands of our players all year. Cannot ****ing believe it went 56ft in the air

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ****ing Morris bounce, has bounced into the hands of our players all year. Cannot ****ing believe it went 56ft in the air
I think you will find it was 207 feet into the air..or so it seemed on the night. I am still amazed at how the little things didn't fall our way as they had been doing all year.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ignore Masters when it is anything to do with the Storm. He's a rabid one-eyed moron when it comes to them.

Bonzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were unlucky on many occasions

And melbourne got lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.