The Quick Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last night Melb went to take a quick tap but was told to wait. Dunno what for, but once the Knight player ran past and got onside, play was allowed.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Storm/Newcastle, ref stops Waqa from QT'ing and yelled out "2 passes! 2 passes!" to justify it. Waqa heard shouting "What!! What!!", and rightly so.
Last night Melb went to take a quick tap but was told to wait. Dunno what for, but once the Knight player ran past and got onside, play was allowed.
Basically this.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't make sense.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rules are that you can take a quick tap for any penalty except if it's an offside penalty (to give the opposition a chance) or you're within 10m of the opponents try line.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I ref I always give every opportunity for quick taps. Opposition captains will often try and slow it down with dumb questions to which I almost always hold my hand up at the approaching captain and say something like....

"We will talk about it when you've got the ball. You're offside at the moment!"

Next break in play at scrum or such I say.

"Did you want to ask your question now?"

Best theory to good officiating is shove the whistle up your ass and let the game run. Doesn't always work out that way but when it does the games are often fun for everyone involved.

Too many referees have the need of getting their ego soothed these days.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thankfully it's being more consistent now.

Status
Not open for further replies.