NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bucks also beat the celtics with delly finishing them off after suffocating kyrie who went 7/25

i think its the bucks who come out of the east this year, they still have jabari to return
Kyrie wanted to be the main man, he wanted to run a team. Not sure he realised the space he had from people double teaming James which gave him space to take it to the rim :p

But in all honesty his game today was so subpar. And with the contest on the line he didn't do anything. Celtics are still a decent team, but Kyrie needs to step up.

The Greek freak on the other hand is something special. He would transform any team but he seems content with staying in Milwaukee.

Malla

Reaction score
Hey dont write the Celtics out yet bro hahaha. But yeah gonna struggle.Tatum looks like he will only improve with time. Such a great Talent. Missed todays game though.

Warriors have the best shooters by far. Unbelievable how Young and Thompson took over there for a bit. Curry was quiet by his standards.
I think for Celtics this will is like a baptism by fire... Tatum will play starters mins and Brown will have to take a lead scorer role on this squad that'll do them wonders come next year. The best thing about them (and with Hayward back) is they're all 2 way guys. I see this team as a fast paced team that'll be deadly in transition with shooters everywhere - they should move Horford, bring in a versatile 4 (Zinger?) genuine shot blocker and 3 point shooter. I reckon they've looked better with Baynes at the 5 simply because he moves up and down the court a lot better than Horford. I feel like Al is also a step behind.

True about Warriors but surprisingly I think they have depth issues in their front court. The re-signing of Livingstone confused me, they don't really need him and I thought they could have done more to bolster their unit up front.

Malla

Reaction score
They had sets against Houston where their starting 5 were on the floor and Green was bringing the ball up being the creator. No need having Livingstone come off the bench he can't shoot the 3, isn't really a match up issue anymore against the top tier teams because of how much bigger PGs are these days. If anything teams can go at him when he's on the court.

Malla

Reaction score
bucks also beat the celtics with delly finishing them off after suffocating kyrie who went 7/25

i think its the bucks who come out of the east this year, they still have jabari to return
Bit disappointed with Maker's game, really thought he would take a leap right out the gate but he still looks like a lost rookie. Hope he improves immensely as the season progresses.

Malla

Reaction score
Kyrie wanted to be the main man, he wanted to run a team. Not sure he realised the space he had from people double teaming James which gave him space to take it to the rim :p

But in all honesty his game today was so subpar. And with the contest on the line he didn't do anything. Celtics are still a decent team, but Kyrie needs to step up.

The Greek freak on the other hand is something special. He would transform any team but he seems content with staying in Milwaukee.
Was thinking that today watching the Bucks game - Kyrie just need to go out and score. Seems like he is trying to create so much for his team, he is forgetting to do what he is best at. Then again, could be Stevens system he wants him to run. Should just let him ball the first month, I reckon he can easily carry this team to more than a handful of victories while they sort themselves out.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking that today watching the Bucks game - Kyrie just need to go out and score. Seems like he is trying to create so much for his team, he is forgetting to do what he is best at. Then again, could be Stevens system he wants him to run. Should just let him ball the first month, I reckon he can easily carry this team to more than a handful of victories while they sort themselves out.
Exactly. Kyrie was very aggressive in attack last year (possibly his best in NBA?) and it was off the back of lebron with his what? 9 assists per game? He knew his role. He knew if he was open he takes it, if not he sends it along. And it worked well.

Celtics haven't played bad. They have gone into the last 2 mins in the last 2 games in the contest (against the east division champions and another play of team). So I can see them getting better with time. But Kyrie needs to do a lot more and scoring what 17 points today (did he even get 17?) isn't a good endorsement for someone that couldn't play under lebron shadow anymore. This was the top seed in the east last season and gave a lot to get Kyrie. And they only have 1 starter from last season left. So he needs to start delivering. Ok he will have a month to find his feet but I can see fans turning on him if the celtics are 3-9 by mid December (don't think they will go that bad though).

Malla

Reaction score
Exactly. Kyrie was very aggressive in attack last year (possibly his best in NBA?) and it was off the back of lebron with his what? 9 assists per game? He knew his role. He knew if he was open he takes it, if not he sends it along. And it worked well.

Celtics haven't played bad. They have gone into the last 2 mins in the last 2 games in the contest (against the east division champions and another play of team). So I can see them getting better with time. But Kyrie needs to do a lot more and scoring what 17 points today (did he even get 17?) isn't a good endorsement for someone that couldn't play under lebron shadow anymore. This was the top seed in the east last season and gave a lot to get Kyrie. And they only have 1 starter from last season left. So he needs to start delivering. Ok he will have a month to find his feet but I can see fans turning on him if the celtics are 3-9 by mid December (don't think they will go that bad though).
It would have worked with Hayward there as Kyrie could have balanced out handling the ball with him. There would be pockets of the game where Kyrie would flat out score and vice versa, exactly what he was doing in CLE. The injury stuffed that up - I reckon Boston will end up picking up another ball handler with that 8.4mil cap exemption this year - someone that can take a bit of pressure off Kyrie and just allow him to play his natural game.

To your point, this is true. Basically they were a shot away from winning v Cavs and just got done by a fresher team in the Bucks, nothing more. Celtics have defended really well thus far, so long as they keep that up then I can't see why they won't be a .500 team by December.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would have worked with Hayward there as Kyrie could have balanced out handling the ball with him. There would be pockets of the game where Kyrie would flat out score and vice versa, exactly what he was doing in CLE. The injury stuffed that up - I reckon Boston will end up picking up another ball handler with that 8.4mil cap exemption this year - someone that can take a bit of pressure off Kyrie and just allow him to play his natural game.

To your point, this is true. Basically they were a shot away from winning v Cavs and just got done by a fresher team in the Bucks, nothing more. Celtics have defended really well thus far, so long as they keep that up then I can't see why they won't be a .500 team by December.
Yeh exactly. Only having 1 starter from last season. So it's a completely new team and they were in the game until the end. Shame about the injury because I know they were never a serious threat but the east is boring if cavs go 12-0 post season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what cavs do with their squad. Maybe they will see how they go until the new year then act. But if I was them I would try to package love and shumpert or even jr to the Knicks for porzingis. They can even throw the nets pick in too.

The kid is a freak. For his size and length and shooting ability. Then you have his shot blocking ability. Not sure if he would cut it as a centre against people double his size but imagine the spacing having IT, wade, lebron, crowder, porzingis as your lead unit then having a fit rose, Thompson, and jr coming off the bench. Not saying it's a championship team but they could probably push the west to a game 6.

Okc with the 3rd dimension of george and Anthony looking strong so far (still early days though). They have a good starting team with Adams rim protection.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
milwaukee vs cleveland tomorrow, this is a nice little test of the waters because their games last year were tough and there was some talk from the cleveland side that they were up for those games after milwaukee destroyed them in the first one, they apparently identified milwaukee as a threat in the near/far future

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I wonder what cavs do with their squad. Maybe they will see how they go until the new year then act. But if I was them I would try to package love and shumpert or even jr to the Knicks for porzingis. They can even throw the nets pick in too.

The kid is a freak. For his size and length and shooting ability. Then you have his shot blocking ability. Not sure if he would cut it as a centre against people double his size but imagine the spacing having IT, wade, lebron, crowder, porzingis as your lead unit then having a fit rose, Thompson, and jr coming off the bench. Not saying it's a championship team but they could probably push the west to a game 6.

Okc with the 3rd dimension of george and Anthony looking strong so far (still early days though). They have a good starting team with Adams rim protection.
i think tristan can also be up for grabs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
milwaukee vs cleveland tomorrow, this is a nice little test of the waters because their games last year were tough and there was some talk from the cleveland side that they were up for those games after milwaukee destroyed them in the first one, they apparently identified milwaukee as a threat in the near/far future
Yeh looking forward to that game. See how antentokonmpou goes, his 37 the other day was very slick, can't believe in his improvement, kid could be anything.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think tristan can also be up for grabs
I would dangle Thompson the nets pick and jr :p but doubt the kicks would trade porzingis, the guy is gonna be their next franchise player (if he isn't already) and doubt they will give that up for a potential top 3 pick next season.

Imagine IT, Wade, James, Love, Porzingis, and crowder, rose, shump, Calderon coming off the bench. The spacing would be crazy, especially with quick ball movement, you could never double team lebron again (if your PF and centre can knock down 3s for breakfast).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeh looking forward to that game. See how antentokonmpou goes, his 37 the other day was very slick, can't believe in his improvement, kid could be anything.
i think he already is anything lol, hopefully he becomes the best of all time because the jordan fans attacking lebron are so annoying

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think he already is anything lol, hopefully he becomes the best of all time because the jordan fans attacking lebron are so annoying
They will find a reason to diminish anyone those Jordan fans :p lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
They will find a reason to diminish anyone those Jordan fans :p lol
lol yeah if he reaches the eastern confernce finals and is up 3-2 or something but thinks that he cant beat the warriors then he should tank and lose so he wouldnt lose in the finals because that is worse than losing earlier for some reason

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh LBJ fans are just as unbearable but but he made 7 straight finals lol some how they have changed the argument into who has the best losing record is now the best lol