NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will always give LBJ a hope just for what he did in 2016. Sure he had a few things go his way and had Kyrie blowing up BUT it was pure greatness what he did in those finals. After that I will never write a team of his off.

Malla

Reaction score
Even in 2015 - had Kyrie or KLove been healthy, I think Cavs win because that was Lebron at the peak of his pours. Can't rule him out, you are right. Tell you what, if Cavs can some how turn it into a Lebron v KD series then I'm going to Lebron because KD doesn't have the heart. Ie. if they can somehow cancel Curry and Klay out.

I still think Cavs have one more trade before the end of the season. Boogie will end up at the Cavs imo.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think KD goes to a new level this year. I think we saw a bit of it in the finals. He was massive when it counted in the finals. On top of that he won the finals MVP and got his ring. Pressure is somewhat off and now I think he goes to a new level.

If the Cavs get Boogie I will laugh my arse off. Seriously how much "help" does LBJ want?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it me or can Boston not shoot worth a shit? Lol.

Yep just heard Reggie say 0 from 10 from 3.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think it matters how deep the Cavs are, for them to win LBJ HAS to play 40 minutes plus. When he goes off they are TRASH.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
warriors cruising with curry and durant combined 15 points, it must just be demoralising for those challenging them

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think it matters how deep the Cavs are, for them to win LBJ HAS to play 40 minutes plus. When he goes off they are TRASH.
Exactly. He needs to play first unit. He needs to post second unit. And as soon as he goes off the cavs stabs still.

I think the cavs should retained derrick Williams and liggins. Both brought energy to the floor and ran the floor well (liggins full court press was impressive).

Cavs seem to lack energy and direction when lbj is off.

Anyways beast game from lebron first up 29 points, 15 rebounds I think it was and 9 assists. To go with 12/19 shooting (1/5 from 3) if you take away his 3 attempts he is 11/14, lights out almost.

Last year was his best year in the NBA (ok his scoring was slightly down but his 3s went off at one stage). Will be interesting to see how far he takes the team and how IT performs when fit. This team is at it's worse at the moment and they scraped home against almost average opposition. It will be interesting to see with combos and IT coming back what happens. Korver only played 7 mins and didn't get a shot off. So don't know if they can play worse then this.

Malla

Reaction score
This is true, he needs to play 40 mins against the better teams ie. Warriors, OKC, Houston and Boston. But the difference Cavs depth makes is that he doesn't need to play big mins against the average/worser teams, hence having the energy to do it in May and June.

In the play offs they'll only go with an 8 man rotation, 9 at max.

Malla

Reaction score
Exactly. He needs to play first unit. He needs to post second unit. And as soon as he goes off the cavs stabs still.

I think the cavs should retained derrick Williams and liggins. Both brought energy to the floor and ran the floor well (liggins full court press was impressive).

Cavs seem to lack energy and direction when lbj is off.

Anyways beast game from lebron first up 29 points, 15 rebounds I think it was and 9 assists. To go with 12/19 shooting (1/5 from 3) if you take away his 3 attempts he is 11/14, lights out almost.

Last year was his best year in the NBA (ok his scoring was slightly down but his 3s went off at one stage). Will be interesting to see how far he takes the team and how IT performs when fit. This team is at it's worse at the moment and they scraped home against almost average opposition. It will be interesting to see with combos and IT coming back what happens. Korver only played 7 mins and didn't get a shot off. So don't know if they can play worse then this.
That's the good thing about this team is they have various units they can put out on the floor, but the key will be them nailing down their starting 5 and then who their 6th and 7th man will be. It seems as though their starting 5 by the play offs will be LBJ, Love, Crowder, IT and Wade with JR and Rose being their 6th and 7th men.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's the good thing about this team is they have various units they can put out on the floor, but the key will be them nailing down their starting 5 and then who their 6th and 7th man will be. It seems as though their starting 5 by the play offs will be LBJ, Love, Crowder, IT and Wade with JR and Rose being their 6th and 7th men.
I'm not a fan on smith. On a good day when he catches fire he is a decent starter. But too many times he has off days. As a defender he is good. But I don't think he is a bonafide starter in my books. Shumpert has to go. He might be a good team mate be he isn't lights out anymore and when you consider wade, rose and even lebron aren't the best at the 3 and love is very hit and miss it leaves a gap especially when chasing points. I know it was the first game but the starting team shot very badly from 3, and you can't let teams like gws or spurs get away early on knocking down 3s.

Paul george was the trade needed to make cavs contenders. Picking up wade adds experience but I don't know if it makes them better. A lot will come down to IT. if he can find his feet in Cleveland then cavs can be a threat. Just there defence, rebounding and rim protection worries me. And their only 2 way star is crowder.

I think you can trade shump and jr with the Knicks pick to bring in a genuine sg. It's the only weakness they have. I would be happy wade playing second unit and bring him on to close out games if needed.

Depth wise cavs are probably best in the business. But their starters are a bit weak (as good as wade is, he is 35 and you need to wonder if he can play a fast pace). Not sure what cavs can get with their luxury tax situation but you either get 1 more player to knock off the west or you risk losing lebron in 2019 (apparently he is gone already)....

Malla

Reaction score
I'm not a fan on smith. On a good day when he catches fire he is a decent starter. But too many times he has off days. As a defender he is good. But I don't think he is a bonafide starter in my books. Shumpert has to go. He might be a good team mate be he isn't lights out anymore and when you consider wade, rose and even lebron aren't the best at the 3 and love is very hit and miss it leaves a gap especially when chasing points. I know it was the first game but the starting team shot very badly from 3, and you can't let teams like gws or spurs get away early on knocking down 3s.

Paul george was the trade needed to make cavs contenders. Picking up wade adds experience but I don't know if it makes them better. A lot will come down to IT. if he can find his feet in Cleveland then cavs can be a threat. Just there defence, rebounding and rim protection worries me. And their only 2 way star is crowder.

I think you can trade shump and jr with the Knicks pick to bring in a genuine sg. It's the only weakness they have. I would be happy wade playing second unit and bring him on to close out games if needed.

Depth wise cavs are probably best in the business. But their starters are a bit weak (as good as wade is, he is 35 and you need to wonder if he can play a fast pace). Not sure what cavs can get with their luxury tax situation but you either get 1 more player to knock off the west or you risk losing lebron in 2019 (apparently he is gone already)....
What I saw from Cavs from the first game, I dont think they want to play that fast paced game anymore. I think they're about slowing things down and playing the half court and thats how they beat the Warriors in 2016.

Agree with you that It does come down to IT, I think to beat Warriors you need to keep going at Curry. Houston did it last night with CP3 and Harden, Curry didn't get a rest and was always put under pressure hence getting into foul trouble, shooting horrible and making bad TO's in the crunch (made the same mistakes in the finals in 2016). Curry is proven not to be able to perform under duress and for me thats the best way to beat them.

JR as a 6th man is perfect. Shump is clearly disengaged but man too many times he has missed open 3's and even lay ups, he isn't the same athletic guy that came into the league 6 years ago. I'm so keen to see OKC and what they bring to the table, they for me have the best match up for Warriors.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I saw from Cavs from the first game, I dont think they want to play that fast paced game anymore. I think they're about slowing things down and playing the half court and thats how they beat the Warriors in 2016.

Agree with you that It does come down to IT, I think to beat Warriors you need to keep going at Curry. Houston did it last night with CP3 and Harden, Curry didn't get a rest and was always put under pressure hence getting into foul trouble, shooting horrible and making bad TO's in the crunch (made the same mistakes in the finals in 2016). Curry is proven not to be able to perform under duress and for me thats the best way to beat them.

JR as a 6th man is perfect. Shump is clearly disengaged but man too many times he has missed open 3's and even lay ups, he isn't the same athletic guy that came into the league 6 years ago. I'm so keen to see OKC and what they bring to the table, they for me have the best match up for Warriors.
Yeh completely agree Malla. And the west is absolutely on fire this year and not just a 2 horse race will be interesting. Interesting few weeks ahead to see who the contenders and who the pretenders are, but there are a lot of loaded rosters.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh completely agree Malla. And the west is absolutely on fire this year and not just a 2 horse race will be interesting. Interesting few weeks ahead to see who the contenders and who the pretenders are, but there are a lot of loaded rosters.
Yeah man, I reckon Philli are going to surprise a lot of people with how successful they'll be this season. If they can stay healthy all year theyre easy a 45-50 win team for me... so much versatility on that team with multiple ball handlers and now they have shooters.

I think Boston are gonna suck this year, even with Hayward I wasn't convinced they were better than Wizards, now they'll struggle to be in the top 4.

As for the West, it's troubling for the Warriors to look at how bad they went when Green was off the floor. The fact they now have to play a rookie in Jordan Bell to replace him just shows how much depth they lack. Going to be a tougher season for them in getting to the finals. If you are the Cavs, you are trying to get as much rest throughout the year as possible so when May and June comes around you are fresh, that's what it will come down to imo.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
magic 1-0 we can just end the season right there thanks

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man, I reckon Philli are going to surprise a lot of people with how successful they'll be this season. If they can stay healthy all year theyre easy a 45-50 win team for me... so much versatility on that team with multiple ball handlers and now they have shooters.

I think Boston are gonna suck this year, even with Hayward I wasn't convinced they were better than Wizards, now they'll struggle to be in the top 4.

As for the West, it's troubling for the Warriors to look at how bad they went when Green was off the floor. The fact they now have to play a rookie in Jordan Bell to replace him just shows how much depth they lack. Going to be a tougher season for them in getting to the finals. If you are the Cavs, you are trying to get as much rest throughout the year as possible so when May and June comes around you are fresh, that's what it will come down to imo.
Hey dont write the Celtics out yet bro hahaha. But yeah gonna struggle.Tatum looks like he will only improve with time. Such a great Talent. Missed todays game though.

Warriors have the best shooters by far. Unbelievable how Young and Thompson took over there for a bit. Curry was quiet by his standards.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bucks also beat the celtics with delly finishing them off after suffocating kyrie who went 7/25

i think its the bucks who come out of the east this year, they still have jabari to return