The Mole's 2024 rookies to explode

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mole lol, Tony Adams used to contact my mate directly for Souths info . . . Probably still does. He is like rothfield, he peddles rumours, rather than investigating anything

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im
Happy to hear that.
i hope Skelton has a breakout year for us.
Likewise mate, I can only assume the reason he wasn’t elevated into the NRL 17 earlier than he was last season was either to gain more Rugby League experience via NSW Cup or his attitude towards training wasn’t where it needed to be.

By all accounts, he’s slimmed down even more this year which can only be a good thing fitness-wise.

On Kiraz, there’s a massive love affair from fans, and I’m all for it because he’s given 100% from day one which resonates well with the Bulldog faithful - but if there’s more talented athletes in the team, these players should be considered…. Competition for backline spots is insane this year, only Critta and Fox are safe.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On Skelton, he is transferring from playing Union to League, very different games especially in the era of set restarts, different fitness requirements, different body styles, different training, different KPI's etc etc. Ball park, in League the ball is in play for around 65 of the 80 minutes whilst in Union it's around 35 minutes. That requires a very different player than what he had experienced in the last 2 years at the Melbourne rebels before he moved to us. Yes, he played Union 7's but their games only last for 14 minutes.

He needs time, particularly in defence where league is very different.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I'm quicker than Kiraz
Kiraz's running style means he is pretty quick over 20-40 min, however his top speed is not that great and he gets run down on length of the field breaks, which is why I don't hate the idea of playing him at centre with Wilson/Xerri outside him.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah bro, merely asking what would we do with Oloapu if by the time he was first grade ready we already had an established 5/8.
Bench utility that can play 6, 7, 9, and 13 may be ideal for him, and the team.
Whatever transpires, it will be interesting and is a nice change of problems for us to deal with.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kiraz's running style means he is pretty quick over 20-40 min, however his top speed is not that great and he gets run down on length of the field breaks, which is why I don't hate the idea of playing him at centre with Wilson/Xerri outside him.
He can’t pass or read defensive plays. He has a good offload, after contact though. I’d play him wing or no where. Make hit ups and ensure he has support when he runs