News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it’s not really a huge decision I think everyone with a brain knows Xerri needs a couple months in reggies before playing grade after being out for so long
Nah, if anyones going to be primed, its going to be bronson.
I reckon he will rip it up in the trials to make ciro pick him for round one.
If there was a market on it, id place some hard earned on it as well.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it’s not really a huge decision I think everyone with a brain knows Xerri needs a couple months in reggies before playing grade after being out for so long
It's hard to see coaching staff knowing for sure if Xerri is 100% retuned after say an hour in trials?
A bit like deciding a Top Fuel dragster is ready after a lap of the Eastern Creek carpark.

With a fit squad, the side will mainly pick itself with Ciraldo's hardest decisions being whether to play Tracey at fullback or in the centres (ie Taaffe v Wilson), and who takes up the last two bench spots (after Mann and Hughes). Eg Edwards, RFM. Sutton...

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to see coaching staff knowing for sure if Xerri is 100% retuned after say an hour in trials?
A bit like deciding a Top Fuel dragster is ready after a lap of the Eastern Creek carpark.

With a fit squad, the side will mainly pick itself with Ciraldo's hardest decisions being whether to play Tracey at fullback or in the centres (ie Taaffe v Wilson), and who takes up the last two bench spots (after Mann and Hughes). Eg Edwards, RFM. Sutton...
I think he will struggle with the week to week physical and mental demands more than anything hence why he will need a couple months

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. Turning circle of Titanic more likely. Who knows how he will go at the pampers... showed promise but got lost in the sh@tstorm that was 2023...
He’s only at Penrith because they need the numbers for the opposed sessions at training.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I look at it this way, if Xerri did not get done for drugs and continued his form on todays market he would have been a 400k or 500k centre. So we have a bargin in the making. Allow his time to find his feet and a bit of room to move and he has the natural talent to cut teams to pieces. At the end of the season he will be chased and command big $$$. So if we see signs of his form returning we should lock him up for long term.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what pre season training is for. He's elite. He was playing FG with Cronulla before the ban. It's
Ike riding a horse. He knows how to play FG. The pre season training will show him the defensive skills required. For goodness sake he had some elite FG footballers to help him....Critta, Burton, Hutchinson, Tracey, JAC......Everyone with a brain Cheso knows Xerri will be ready come round 1.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what pre season training is for. He's elite. He was playing FG with Cronulla before the ban. It's
Ike riding a horse. He knows how to play FG. The pre season training will show him the defensive skills required. For goodness sake he had some elite FG footballers to help him....Critta, Burton, Hutchinson, Tracey, JAC......Everyone with a brain Cheso knows Xerri will be ready come round 1.
yeah nah he needs time in reggies. He isn’t game fit. Game has changed a lot in the 4 years he’s been missing too. Anyway you’ll see, don’t get your hopes up but sounds like you think he’s ready for origin so good luck managing those feelings