The Melbourne Storm stole us

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I dont comment much nowadays but have to speak up here.

It occurred to me that our downfall is due to Melbourne.

The success melb have now, the sustained success, was us before.

When they came in, they ripped some of the staff from us, they literally have been quoted as modelling their club on ours, as well as some astute player signatures like Scott Hill.

Yes- our success did continue a lottle after they came in, but dont let that fool you. That is positive and nice tasting residue. The early 2000's success was a combination of blatant cheating on our part and the blossoming of juniors that were in place in the 90's coming to fruition. Downfalls have a pipeline effect. If a fish belly starts to rot, that fish still swims for 1/3 of its life before its noticed.

Melb took from us but because our top was doing so well we didnt see the problems with the engine.
Yeah we had fleeimg success ten yrars ago, but all teams have a spike.

Fair play to them though, they grew, we didnt adapt, and hired woke appointments like Castle.

We are a club that makes up numbers now, with no real strategic value to the nrl.

low junior base, low economic area, no tv revenue upside and a supporter base thatll show up no matter wat.
perfect team to set up the darlings of the nrl to pump leb style. Nasheed.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have the Storm stolen Nick Meaney, Remis Smith & Bronson Garlick 3 ex-Dogs playing tonight? opposite another ex-Dog Jack Cogger.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Have the Storm stolen Nick Meaney, Remis Smith & Bronson Garlick 3 ex-Dogs playing tonight? opposite another ex-Dog Jack Cogger.
At this stages the damage is done.
Nick was so frustrating for me.
Here was a kid taht so obviously could have been anything but needed guidance and we were helpless to help him.

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

When they came in, they ripped some of the staff from us, they literally have been quoted as modelling their club on ours, as well as some astute player signatures like Scott Hill.

Yes- our success did continue a lottle after they came in, but dont let that fool you. That is positive and nice tasting residue. The early 2000's success was a combination of blatant cheating on our part and the blossoming of juniors that were in place in the 90's coming to fruition. Downfalls have a pipeline effect. If a fish belly starts to rot, that fish still swims for 1/3 of its life before its noticed.

Melb took from us but because our top was doing so well we didnt see the problems with the engine.

Fair play to them though, they grew, we didnt adapt, and hired woke appointments like Castle.

We are a club that makes up numbers now, with no real strategic value to the nrl.

low junior base, low economic area, no tv revenue upside and a supporter base thatll show up no matter wat.
"I don't comment much nowadays"... that will do me.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

BAR

FE5C4166-7E34-4861-BF79-69FE25A8AC96.jpeg

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

You my good Sir are a Straight up Hektic Lebanese Gangster!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They stole us in 2006. When they beat us after the siren. Our decline started from then.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
He’s been the panthers best player tonight
Also given the final scoreline, I'm presuming Meany stuffed up defensively too.

I missed most of the second half because that's precisely when my 9 y.o. decided he wanted to finish watching "The Force Awakens".

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I completely agree, and I was saying exactly this to a work colleague last week.
He thought I was crazy.
But I truly believe this.
Gus also took the bulldog way to the roosters and they have never looked back

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I completely agree, and I was saying exactly this to a work colleague last week.
He thought I was crazy.
But I truly believe this.
Gus also took the bulldog way to the roosters and they have never looked back
Thankyou.
Because up until your insight, which is smart (as was mine) peopel just focused on an unrelated Richard Wilkins ad showing at bottom of the thread.
Which is indicative of the sheeple mentality. Love to complain when things go wrong but hate to dissect where it went wrong.
But only when we have a hyper focus on where’s it all gone wrong can we understand and fix it yo.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Storm did copy our identity, Chris Anderson took our blueprint and instilled it in Melbourne - they def have some Bulldog DNA
Melbourne copied a lot of the Dogs DNA and Bullfrog and Anderson definitely taught them how to recruit. We then had a bunch of knuckleheads from Noad to Des who sucked our DNA right out of us. We've been running around trying to find it but we hardly know what it looks like anymore. That's why Gus has an uphill battle and was never gonna do it overnight.