Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sure but thing is that united have had top managers in mourinho and van gall and they were still shit under them
Because they've got shit owners ...

Being serious though, in no way can anyone lay complete blame on what's happening at United on one person as this goes back to Fergie's time. Without doubt their owners are hindering their progress, but United have had the backing and the players to be doing better on the pitch.

They haven't been.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Being serious though, in no way can anyone lay complete blame on what's happening at United on one person as this goes back to Fergie's time. Without doubt their owners are hindering their progress, but United have had the backing and the players to be doing better on the pitch.

They haven't been.
buying the wrong players as well

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't just about City tho as this year his lineups and subs have been puzzling. Keeping Varane on the bench was mad imo? Taking off Armarat and bringing on Mount. Mad. Taking off your young Dane when you're looking to win. Mad.

The drama has often been magnified by him too. Let's be honest.

The whole Sancho thing should've been dealt with behind closed doors but he brought that out into the open much more than it needed to be.

The signings.

Look at Pep and Klopp. They never seem to go back to their previous clubs to get players, do they? I can't think of any tho I believe there was one with Pep?

Ten Haag? And he signed those players because they knew his 'way' of playing at Ajax and wanted to replicate that. Ok.

But now he's saying he can't do that because he doesn't have the players even tho he spent 400m odd on bringing in the players he wanted and a core of them coming from the club he previously managed...

Dead man walking if you ask me.
To Spend so much oney on buying player to mold them into the team he wants and then saying, well it's not going to work is like a building blaming his Hammer for not being able drive a nail in.

If the team wont be able to play the style he wants, then it's Ten Hag's fault because that's what he has tried to build, however finishing third isn't a shit season, they did well.

I think the Sancho situation and the fact that the Glazers taking so long to make a decision has an effect on the team.

but i don think this will be fixed quickly, it's going to take a while, and if they Sack the coach, it'll take even longer to rebuild

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

They haven't been.
Nobody will ever have complete control over the players like he did back then, nobody!

it's a different time now

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I have the perfect solution to ManU concerns. Sack Ten Hag and hire the perfect manager.

Harry Kewell

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem for Man U is that way too many supporters actually listen to what Neville says. The guy's a fool.
I actually agree on this point ... been saying basically the same thing for years.

Sporting organisations do not do well with BAD front officers .... history shows this to be true, time after time.

The class of 92 were WAY superior to anything we have had since, but i personally wouldn't back them to have any sustained success under this management.

The club is TOXIC to the core.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nobody will ever have complete control over the players like he did back then, nobody!

it's a different time now
Did he ask for those players? Yes. Doesn't mean he's got complete control but ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To Spend so much oney on buying player to mold them into the team he wants and then saying, well it's not going to work is like a building blaming his Hammer for not being able drive a nail in.

If the team wont be able to play the style he wants, then it's Ten Hag's fault because that's what he has tried to build, however finishing third isn't a shit season, they did well.

I think the Sancho situation and the fact that the Glazers taking so long to make a decision has an effect on the team.

but i don think this will be fixed quickly, it's going to take a while, and if they Sack the coach, it'll take even longer to rebuild
Agree with all of this tbh

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People shouldn't downplay your team though, you did really well by all accounts.
Nah we weren’t imo. Sloppy all game in the midfield and passing but our defense was solid enough. Man United are fucking poo and Onana is awful

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of these overpaid and overrated pussies masquerading as players have now downed tools on their past FOUR managers.

Ten Hag is rightly copping flack, but the players seem immune from many pundits.

When push comes to shove the club backs player power over the manager ... impossible to run a club in this manner.

NOTHING changes until a broom is put through the joint. ... i am over it.